2021 Draft Thread

John232

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't worry Detroit, Justin Fields will be there. 

There is so many reasons that is mean, I don't know if I can list them all.

Having long suffering Lions fans try to get behind an Ohio St QB? It'd be a good a good way to try to have the shortest coaching tenure in league history.  

• Like 1

Justin Fields, Ohio State

Best: Overall adjusted accuracy (83.18%, 1st)

Worst: 1-5 yard accuracy (82.35%, 6th)

Justin Fields is the most accurate QB I have ever charted. There have been some exceptionally accurate QBs since the Quantifying Quarterbacks project started in 2016, but none more than Fields. Though his 1-5 yard accuracy was middling (we’ll get there), Fields was top-three in this class to every other yard range, including first in the 11-15 yard range. Fields has a rare ability to add and take off velocity whenever he wants to, while knowing exactly how to throw around defenders to throw his wide receivers open. Wherever Fields wants the ball to go, it will get there. Plain and simple. 

The lone blemish is in the quick game. Now, to be clear, Fields’ accuracy numbers here are not bad or concerning, they just aren’t impressive. The issue with Fields’ short accuracy can be boiled down to two things. Fields does prefer to hold out for deeper routes, so there are plenty of times where he is working to shorter passes later than normal, therefore making those throws tougher on himself. Additionally, while Fields has good arm strength, he does have a slightly elongated release, which can disrupt timing in the quick game from time to time. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Justin Fields, Ohio State

Best: Overall adjusted accuracy (83.18%, 1st)

Worst: 1-5 yard accuracy (82.35%, 6th)

Justin Fields is the most accurate QB I have ever charted. There have been some exceptionally accurate QBs since the Quantifying Quarterbacks project started in 2016, but none more than Fields. Though his 1-5 yard accuracy was middling (we’ll get there), Fields was top-three in this class to every other yard range, including first in the 11-15 yard range. Fields has a rare ability to add and take off velocity whenever he wants to, while knowing exactly how to throw around defenders to throw his wide receivers open. Wherever Fields wants the ball to go, it will get there. Plain and simple. 

The lone blemish is in the quick game. Now, to be clear, Fields’ accuracy numbers here are not bad or concerning, they just aren’t impressive. The issue with Fields’ short accuracy can be boiled down to two things. Fields does prefer to hold out for deeper routes, so there are plenty of times where he is working to shorter passes later than normal, therefore making those throws tougher on himself. Additionally, while Fields has good arm strength, he does have a slightly elongated release, which can disrupt timing in the quick game from time to time. 

Was this from klassen?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

and somehow this guy gets to do this for a living...

He's been getting worse and worse over the years. I actually used to really enjoy his podcast and his evaluations, but not anymore. I could tolerate his bro-ness and his annoying brother who lacks critical thinking, but ever since his breakup from Bleacher Report, he's gone downhill.

• Like 2