Week #5 - General Football Talk

Blackstar12

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Thing is, the Vikings are too good to lose the tie breaker to the Jets too, they have 25 more points and have played 1 less game.  The Jets are REALLY bad. 

Deep down, I know you're right.  It's just that when the team is this bad you have to have something to get excited about.  Even if we have the same record as the Jets, which isn't likely, our strength of schedule is going to hurt us too.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mike McCarthy is a joke. I laughed when they hired him and I'll laugh again now!

Of the 15 coaches with 100+ wins, 10+ playoff wins, and a Super Bowl ring... he might be the worst.

I don't think you know what the word joke means though.

McCarthy took his team to 4 NFCCGs in 13 years. har har har!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Of the 15 coaches with 100+ wins, 10+ playoff wins, and a Super Bowl ring... he might be the worst.

With two Top 10 QBs to ever play the game.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Yeah, I think MM is a good coach.  His message (and his offense) just got stale in Green Bay and it was time for them to move on.  He knows how to coach though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Deep down, I know you're right.  It's just that when the team is this bad you have to have something to get excited about.  Even if we have the same record as the Jets, which isn't likely, our strength of schedule is going to hurt us too.

As a fellow NFC North fan, when Chicago has bad seasons like this, i cling to the hope that maybe we may ruin the Packers season in some form. So at least, something to hold on 🤣 

• Like 1