Week 6 General Discussion

AFlaccoSeagulls

10 hours ago, Zalixar said:

Yes and no.

Defenses get gassed towards end of the game much more than an offense.

Yes, it is part of the game.  But no, it is an advantage determined by a coin flip, which is dumb for a professional sport.

The percentage of teams that win in OT by winning the toss (meaning, scoring a TD on the first drive) would have to be higher. It doesn't actually happen all that often.

In this game, Houston had three chances: convert the two pointer, stop Tennessee, stop Tennessee.

Defenses get gassed toward the end of regulation too, they still need to make stops.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What's going on there? I'm being dumb.

Texans would have almost certainly got the 1st down only needing 1 yard on 2nd and 3rd down, and probably would have went for it on 4th too. 

Instead of defending the play and wasting time on the clock, Vrabel left 12 guys on the field, which stopped the play for a penalty and gave Texans a 1st down that they woulda got anyway.  At the very least it saved them 40 seconds, possibly more.

And considering how everything turned out, may have won them the game.  It’s such a small but great decision. 

Too many HCs act dumb with clock and timeout management.  Like wasting a timeout to avoid a delay of game on 1st down, that almost never makes sense.  So to see Vrabel do that and be fully aware of the clock and the situation, that’s great

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You are full of it, you predicted the Bears to lose this week.  And finish 9-7.  You just dont want to admit that the Bears are much better than you thought.

No I didn’t fool, check my official weekly predictions in this thread. Page 2. Bring facts or don’t speak. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Four of the top 5 teams are in the AFC. The AFC is so competitive this year.

And the AFC doesn't even have the best division in football - the NFCW. I'd like to think that most of the NFL is very competitive this year. Even the NFCE, for being a complete joke, is still competitive!

• Like 1

could vrabel just had someone touch an offensive lineman?  for an offside

i don't remember if the clock keeps going if you do that tho, if it stops it then you could save even more time

madden players always used that strategy, which is another way madden players are smarter than nfl coaches (obvi since there are significantly more of them developing best practices)

50 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

There's a thread arguing if MV is a member of the BB coaching tree or not. I say this is evidence he is, because that's a classic BB move (although Bill wouldn't have bothered to feign being upset).

Hmmmmm, an interesting and compelling argument! Of course, the other side of the debate could still bring up the fact that he never coached under Belichick, and therefore it makes no sense to say he's primarily part of the belichick tree. But yes compelling nonetheless!