if Trevor Lawrence pulls an Eli Manning...

Apparition

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

LOL at people trying to speak this nonsense into existence just because Manning, Archie didn't want his son playin for Spanos.

Stop it already. 

Lawrence is the one who started the conversation by saying "yeah, maybe I don't want to go pro this year" 

If you think he is delaying his chances at making tens of millions of dollars for any reason other than he doesn't want to go the garbage jets, then you are exactly as delusional as I thought you were 

An argument can be made too that Lawrence could be fine with going to Jets if they fire Gase like we think will happen and pick up a prospective HC candidate that is appealing e.g. Bieniemy.

I am not gonna lie I don't see the hype around Lawrence, at least to the levels of him being good enough to force himself out of a city like this but his only other options honestly are the Jags. No way Minnesota are giving up a whole UHaul truck for him when Fields or Lance most definitely will be available at that point, Giants are invested in Jones, he is not the issue that team has, it has more glaring issues, it will pick a tackle and Dallas/Washington I believe are smart enough to understand once again, Fields or Lance will fall to them, if not them, there are a few options they can take later in the draft. Dallas could resign Dak for all we know.

Lawrence isn't going to a good team no matter what, that's the curse of being good enough to be picked early.

Edited by Drained

10 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Well I don't think any team would be willing to deal with the Jets before they actually clinch 1st overall... I know the Jets have what it takes to be 0-16, but this is the NFL so there's always a chance of upset & there's a lot  of 1-win teams still out there.

Well I was thinking after the season but before Lawrence can make any sort of decision, but based on the new league year that'd be tough. They could back channel with another team and let Lawrence know though

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Lawrence is the one who started the conversation by saying "yeah, maybe I don't want to go pro this year" 

If you think he is delaying his chances at making tens of millions of dollars for any reason other than he doesn't want to go the garbage jets, then you are exactly as delusional as I thought you were 

He just gave a vague answer that all college kids say during the season

2 minutes ago, Malik said:

He just gave a vague answer that all college kids say during the season

I think the issue is that he had already said that he was going pro after 2020 to now hedging on that decision and leaving the door open despite earning his degree and being the sure fire #1 pick.

• Like 1

Trevor Lawrence is a idiot if he goes back to Clemson.  However if he doesn't like the team with the 1st pick. He should just sit out. Go do some commercials and prepare for the next year.

There only one problem sitting out for 2022, with the 1st pick in the 2022 draft the Jets select TL!!!! 😁

I was thinking that while Trevor shouldnt pull an Eli, the Cowboys need to pull an Eagles and Rams and go to the top and get their franchise QB. Jerry need to admit he made a mistake and fire McCarthy. Let Dak walk in FA. Then he need to push everything in the middle of the table to go get Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma and if that doesnt work go get Urban Meyer who already said he would love to coach the Cowboys. Then go to the Jets give them a package deal that would include WR Cooper to get up to 1st overall and get Lawrence. The Jets would have picks and would give Darnold a young talented receiver in Cooper. The Cowboys would then have the coach in Riley or Meyer, the QB Lawrence, the back Zeke, two young talented receivers in Gallup and Lamb (which btw Riley coached Lamb at Oklahoma), and when the OL is healthy it still has Smith, Martin, and Collins. Now all the Cowboys would have to do is find a good DC and use the rest of their resources to fix the defense. 

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Barkley was never regarded as the same level of prospect Lawrence is, tbf.

I think he meant Matt leinart 

Surefire #1 that goes back to school and gets drafted mid-first 

Embarrassingly Leinart didn't want to go to the niners, which seeing how well we treated Alex smith, was 100% the right call