Week 12: Bares at Packers

packfanfb

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Need to see the character of this team after a tough loss.

If we win like 42-10, I'll have a shred of hope for the playoffs.

Still wish we'd have replaced Pettine. Someone needs to wake the f up on that side of the ball.

I would like to backhand the Bears into the oblivion of an offseason that will have them still wandering the desert,  trying to find that elusive QB. But they are still a division rival, they are coming off of their bye and have one of the best defenses in the league by points and other metrics.

This will probably be much closer than comfortable but if we come out looking fired up and take this W after a tough loss it will make a statement.  Style points mean little in the final accounting.

Edited by Refugee

2 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

He was the HC for Tampa Bay, so perhaps meeting us twice a year somehow left behind some bad feelings?...Or maybe he didn't like the term "Bay of Pigs?"....

Dungy was also DC for Vikings when he brought his Tampa 2 defense there. 

I’ve never gotten that vibe from TD but he can be blunt, but not disrespectful in his analysis. I also don’t recall him on game days, just part of the studio crew. 

Edited by Refugee

On 11/23/2020 at 2:46 PM, Outpost31 said:

At this point the only reason I watch Packer defense is to hope Jaire gets interceptions so there’s not a big question Mark attached to his Pettine year interception numbers.

And Savage.

Savage and Jaire on the same team with a different DC and Lawd have mercy on quarterbacks trying to throw against us.

Is Savage that good?. I see Amos playing well compared to him. I don’t think we can put both Jaire Island and Savage at the same level..

10 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Is Savage that good?. I see Amos playing well compared to him. I don’t think we can put both Jaire Island and Savage at the same level..

There were people questioning Jaire Alexander in his first year, then all last year asking if he was any good. 

No.  Savage is not good.  With or without a new DC, he will be.  He has all the physical talent in the world and he’s been flashing a lot.  Look throughout the NFL at players that were good right away, great right away, etc.  Very few of them reach their potential in their first two years, and a vast majority of NFL players have their best years in years 3-7.

33 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

There were people questioning Jaire Alexander in his first year, then all last year asking if he was any good. 

No.  Savage is not good.  With or without a new DC, he will be.  He has all the physical talent in the world and he’s been flashing a lot.  Look throughout the NFL at players that were good right away, great right away, etc.  Very few of them reach their potential in their first two years, and a vast majority of NFL players have their best years in years 3-7.

I dont think Jaire was questioned in his 1st year. He was a great CB right from the go. Mike Pettine’s D was a lot aggressive and pressing in his 1st year with GB and that suited him well.

Remember Billy praising him in his rookie year, where as Savage was below avg last year. 

Hopefully he pans out to be great Safety next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaire_Island said:

I dont think Jaire was questioned in his 1st year. He was a great CB right from the go. Mike Pettine’s D was a lot aggressive and pressing in his 1st year with GB and that suited him well.

Remember Billy praising him in his rookie year, where as Savage was below avg last year. 

Hopefully he pans out to be great Safety next year.

Savage has been fine. He and Amos have actually been solid the last couple games. This defense would literally give up 7 points less per game if they simply didn't allow 10-15 yards of cushion of 3rd and long on a consistent basis. If they simply did that, we'd probably be 9-1. 

• Like 1

This game is going to be so tough to watch.  Their defense is going to lock down our offense enough to get me frustrated.

Our defense is going to allow their putrid offense to actually put together drives.

And in this game, against that defense, field position is going to be huge.  We won't be able to have multiple long drives that go 70 to 80 yards for TD's.

And I do not feel like Pettine will allow the defense to stop their offense with 3 and outs.

I'm probably going to need a little bourbon during pre-game to get me through this one.

• Like 1