From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

4 hours ago, Kookie23 said:

Haven't kept up with him this season.  Clear upgrade over DLewis?

Would be an interesting move and would give a very strong one two at RB but I thought Lewis could be the strong 2 so who knows. Didn't Drake and Henry crossover each other at Alabama? If not they definitely would have a connection in that regard.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Interesting with Drake.

Something is up. They call up Dawkins and give him actual carried over Lewis.

I dunno who would take him, but to me it seems like the Titans aren't feeling Lewis right now. 

Probably looking for someone who can reliably catch the ball (lol Henry) and also be somewhat of an effective runner (lol Lewis)

11 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Now that I think about it I don’t think I’ve ever seen him run an angle route. Lol. Bad.

we ran him on a slant like 2 weeks ago on a crucial 3rd down and he dropped the ball. not the only terrible dropped ball he’s had this year either. i’m not exactly jonesin’ give him more looks in the passing game

maybe we don’t use RBs effectively but dion sucks lol

24 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Interesting with Drake.

Something is up. They call up Dawkins and give him actual carried over Lewis.

I dunno who would take him, but to me it seems like the Titans aren't feeling Lewis right now. 

I know we aren't allowed to discuss Vrabel's press conferences here, but funny how Vrabel names Lewis a "leader" of this team and now we're shopping him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kookie23 said:

Haven't kept up with him this season.  Clear upgrade over DLewis?

He’s a good receiver and a significantly better runner. He’s a FA after this year, so I’m not exactly excited about the prospect of adding a rental when I think we aren’t good enough to compete for a playoff spot, but he’s more of a modern back than Henry and would almost certainly be cheaper to resign if we don’t want to commit to Derrick.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He’s a good receiver and a significantly better runner. He’s a FA after this year, so I’m not exactly excited about the prospect of adding a rental when I think we aren’t good enough to compete for a playoff spot, but he’s more of a modern back than Henry and would almost certainly be cheaper to resign if we don’t want to commit to Derrick.

I don't know how Miami would feel about a straight swap.  The could move on from Lewis immediately... or they can keep him (without commitment) at under 5M per for the next 2 years.  

14 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Now that I think about it I don’t think I’ve ever seen him run an angle route. Lol. Bad.

Remember the Bucs game in the preseason last year when Lewis caught a pass over the middle got out in space then fumbled but recovered?

We havnt seen that play since that game I think. When I seen that play I got the biggest pants tent because I thought this was the type of back we needed out of the backfield if we do stuff like that but never seen it again.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

From the guy:

Titans are said to be asking about Von Miller. 

Trading Lewis is pretty much dead. Apparently was linked some how to an attempt to get Drake. 

Von Miller? 😱😱That would be amazing.. I’m sure the asking price would be high though

Edited by 615finest

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

From the guy:

Titans are said to be asking about Von Miller. 

Trading Lewis is pretty much dead. Apparently was linked some how to an attempt to get Drake. 

If that's true, looks like they're really trying to make the most out of this defense.

If you add Miller and the offense can at least consistently put up 17-20 ppg, you have a winning formula here.

I would just add that, that is all the text said. No context. Not saying offer was made. 

But that they are asking about him. Could be a quick how much would it take?

Or

Let's make a deal. Lol

I personally think its just asking.  But I promised yall when i get a text,  WE get a text. lol

• Like 6

Man Miller makes this defense elite. The one thing this defense lacks is an elite outside pass-rusher. Landry has gotten better but still not a premier guy who offense have to account for. Put Miller opposite him and woah. Makes too much sense to happen because that price tag is likely very hefty.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1