2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Moseley is one of my favorite players, so I'm very happy he's under contract for the at least the next two years. The AAV was more than I would've expected, but the details of the incentives are important, so I'm waiting to see them before I feel one way or another. 

Either way, we have 1 of our 2 outside corners ready to go for this season.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I actually mentioned this a long time ago. I love deebo...but I think there's always a good chance that he'll have some injuries and doubts that his body will hold up, and just as important....it's really, really hard for me to justify big money to receivers sometimes. Given our two receivers right now, I think most would agree that if you're signing one long term, the better bet is probably Aiyuk. 

JJSS is so overrated. If you're getting him at a like 7/8 million, I think that's about right. But thats his market. Someone is going to give him something stupid like 15 though. 

When asked why he (Allbright) thinks Deebo won't be back on a second deal - "Not something I want to discuss on here"

Um.............

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

When asked why he (Allbright) thinks Deebo won't be back on a second deal - "Not something I want to discuss on here"

Um.............

Lol the team is finally going to stop signing and drafting injury prone players now or what. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Personally, I'd keep him outside and try to avoid lining him up against guys like DK Metcalf and Hopkins. 

I'm hoping that with Sherman gone as well as Saleh that we actually play matchups with our corners more. I used to get so infuriated with the fact we would let the offense choose which WR lined up against each corner. Football is about matchups. Let's be the ones to dictate it, not the other way around 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, N4L said:

I'm hoping that with Sherman gone as well as Saleh that we actually play matchups with our corners more. I used to get so infuriated with the fact we would let the offense choose which WR lined up against each corner. Football is about matchups. Let's be the ones to dictate it, not the other way around 

I agree. I never liked letting one guy play one side of the field exclusively. It just puts added pressure on the other guy. We’ll have more freedom to mix and match and play to strengths better.

19 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

No idea how legit this is, but it seems pretty likely.

I personally muted nfl rumors on twitter, because everything they post is just speculation dressed as expectation. Always that language "49ers expected to". It's a reasonable expectation, sure, but to phrase it that way suggest inside knowledge, which they don't seem to possess. It would be more honest to say "We believe the 49ers should". But I got so annoyed by all the speculations they post I just muted them and cleaned up my timeline. I prefer speculations by our own beat writers. They don't conceal they're giving their opinions, rather than quoting a source from the team. And when they break news, they literally break news.

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean even if they did, it was probably just to see the market for him.

This is probably true.

Like Maiocco said multiple of times, until the Niners restructure Jimmy's deal, the talks will not die down.

Will be interesting if they do it over the weekend to add some space before free agency.

Or MAYBE they are just all in on Watson at this point LOL. 

Jimmy can be restructured at any point. It doesn't have to be now. And it doesn't have to be a full restructure, i.e. converting his entire base salary into a signing bonus. It can be as little as we need to sign our draft class, for example. There's no rush for the FO to go looking for cap space before they even start using it.

• Like 1