2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

14 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

We should just trade up for Zach Wilson, in my opinion. That could fix the Cap for awhile! 😎

I agree. I'm very curious to see where he ends up going. I see him being mocked to NYJ a lot, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he fell a bit. 

54 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I don't think he wouldn't come here if he we were somehow able to pull it off. I just think because we aren't at the top of the list, its going to cost us ALOT more to make it happen compared to other landing spots he may prefer.

I mean Houston isn't going to trade him without getting a great offer one way or another. If we are willing to trade Bosa while other teams are not willing to trade their best young player, then that is basically our only chance anyways. 

It's going to depend how long Houston is willing to hold on to him and drag this out. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Forge said:

I feel like that watson deal isn't going to happen for a looooooooooooooong time if it happens. 

I've been saying this. The only way we get him is if things get really ugly in September at the earliest. Might not even happen until next season. (He could also refuse to play anywhere but here but that seems extremely unlikely) 

At that point, Miami, nyj etc have already used their draft picks so it's a moderately more even playing field 

Its going to flip the franchise on its head when we go from ignoring QB for the entire off-season, to subsequently getting Watson. The meltdowns from certain parts of the fanbase is going to be kinda sad but also funny when we just - do nothing and keep Jimmy without restructuring him lol 

Why does kirk look like a 33 year old actor still trying to play teenagers like he's on the original 90210 or something?

L O L 

don't hate Kirk, wouldn't mind him in the team. But like Jrry felt with Stafford on the Rams, it doesn't move the needle for me. We still have the worst qb in the division. Plus fully guaranteed at 2/56?  Jimmy is 2/51 w/none, Goff 2/53 w/15.5, Tanny 2/53.5,  Wentz 2/47 w/22,   Carr 2/39 (jesus that's a steal right now lol), Stafford 2/43, . I mean, he's not out of whack, but it's also the highest and fully guaranteed. I'm not sure who's driving a market for him, so I don't know why we even entertain giving strong assets. 

I would have been fine with signing Kirk as a FA in 2018, but in hindsight I'm glad we didn't. If people think we overpaid Jimmy, whoa boy, think about how this FO pays people they "gotta have" and then compare it to Kirk's fully guaranteed contract. Yikes, we'd be paying him 40m guaranteed or something lol 

There is zero chance I trade anything to get him here with the contract he has. If the Vikings want to dump him, we will take him for free (or maybe with a pick stapled to him), but otherwise, hard pass. 

This is just a fake internet rumor. Yay for random people on Twitter making stuff up to **** with our fanbase!! Everyone sees how much exposure that neanderthal grant Cohn gets and they want to get their name out there in the same way. Dude is a clown and has fear mongered his way into 49ers twitter ecosystem. I used to say a lot of the old timers were kinda spoiled because if a QB wasn't Joe Montana then he "sucked". According to twitter you are either the greatest of all time or trash.

Kirk is a solid qb. I'd be fine with him here under different circumstances, but as it stands right now there is like a 5% chance our FO has even talked about Kirk for more than 5 minutes this off-season, let alone seriously putting together some type of package to actually get the guy, and then pay him 10m more than we are gonna pay Jimmy. Again, the hardest pass in the history of passing given the circumstances

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John232 said:

I'd love to Trade for Wilson, but I don't see Wilson dropping past Atlanta. 

Maybe that spot, but I don't think that Atlanta is taking a QB. They'd waste 2 years of a rookie QB deal (I'm like 99.9% that Ryan isn't getting traded) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe that spot, but I don't think that Atlanta is taking a QB. They'd waste 2 years of a rookie QB deal (I'm like 99.9% that Ryan isn't getting traded) 

I believe Ryan's cap hit is 40  mill? so highly unlikely they move on from him this is.

However, I guess this all depends on what the Jets do at 2. Saleh hasn't endorsed Darnold at all, he's pretty much sidestepped all questions about Darnold.

Or Maybe the Jets end up trading down from two to five with Cincy? Cincy selects Sewell? So yeah, #4 could be the spot for Wilson...

I do wonder if they'll be intrigued more with Lance's ceiling? John and Guy mentioned that maybe someone will fall in love with Lance more than Wilson because of the physical difference between the two. 

Edited by NcFinest9erFan