2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Just now, Forge said:

They will extend him before they cut him I think

Yeah i don't see a way we cut him because he is the one average/above average IOL we have and is on a failry reasonable contract. But in terms of suprise cuts its the only one along with Mostert there is. Both highly unlikely though. I think aside from Richburg(might even retire who knows) there isn't many cuts of guys that actually play a role.

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Foegot Simms has a first round grade on Mond. 

The high value on Darnold must mean the rest of the league is giving him a pass for being coached by Gase. But they have looked better with old Flacco so it can't just be Gase. 

I don't see Carolina or Denver trading for him. This seems a bit forced tbh. 

I think we'll make a push for a top tier backup QB next week. I'm guessing Dalton, but who knows. We'll need one whether or not we keep Jimmy. 

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Some how we move from 23 to 28? 

Part of it is the increase in the projected cap. 23M was based on 180.5, but sounds like cap will hit at 183 and I believe that this cap space figure is based on that cap 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Part of it is the increase in the projected cap. 23M was based on 180.5, but sounds like cap will hit at 183 and I believe that this cap space figure is based on that cap 

Gotcha also i guess this includes Mark Nzeocha being cut on top of that. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

The Jets tagged Maye, likely removing a highly likely landing spot for Tartt. Curious to see what happens there. I could easily see him falling through the cracks of FA given the position and his injury history. Wouldn't at all be shocked to see him back on a 1 year, 2 million dollar type deal. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Jets tagged Maye, likely removing a highly likely landing spot for Tartt. Curious to see what happens there. I could easily see him falling through the cracks of FA given the position and his injury history. Wouldn't at all be shocked to see him back on a 1 year, 2 million dollar type deal. 

That would be a HUGE turn of events for us. Would suck for those wanting to see Moore get a shot to start but Tartt returning on the cheap would be a steal for us.

Just now, 757-NINER said:

That would be a HUGE turn of events for us. Would suck for those wanting to see Moore get a shot to start but Tartt returning on the cheap would be a steal for us.

He strikes me as the perfect example of the type of guy that will get squeezed in this market and if I were him, I'd really consider a return (assuming the 9ers are in for it). It's probably the best thing he can do to help his value.  Its the Jimmy Ward situation from 2 years ago but in a depressed market.  That one year, 5 million dollar deal worked out great for Ward. 

• Like 1