Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

What did I say to bring you to this conclusion?  Did I say they were?  Or is this just you typing out nonsense because you do not have an analytical, intelligent argument/response?  

Comparing us vs kc in the reg season to buff vs Kc yesterday in the playoffs, with fans, in the cold, with a sb on the line. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So explain Carr’s all it a sudden willingness to run then, Imo that takes guts. Or even taking a chance on bums like nelly which imo takes guts. Gruden brought it out of carr

Carr showed more guts this year than he has his whole career 

Like I said before, I think his understanding of the playbook is what changed his playstyle.  He's more aware of what is happening pre-snap and post-snap.  Now he knows when a play is going to succeed or break down and he has to come up with a solution to make the best out of a broken down play.  I just think his comfort in the system is what allows him to be more off script (scrambling for a first) when necessary.

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Comparing us vs kc in the reg season to buff vs Kc yesterday in the playoffs, with fans, in the cold, with a sb on the line. 

Playoffs may have been on the line. And it may have been cold. But they had something to play for, especially in the 2nd game and we flat out matched up better. We outscored them 71-67 in two appearances. The bills were outscored by 23 points and that includes garbage time. That's statistically significant. Regardless of the playoff/weather narrative or not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

KC and Buffalo played week 6.  KC won 26-17.  I'm comparing our two games against KC with Buffalo's two games against KC.  Yeah one was in KC during the playoffs, but KC beat the Bills in Buffalo as well.  

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Playoffs may have been on the line. And it may have been cold. But they had something to play for, especially in the 2nd game and we flat out matched up better. We outscored them 71-67 in two appearances. The bills were outscored by 23 points and that includes garbage time. That's statistically significant. Regardless of the playoff/weather narrative or not.

So you think kc gave us the same effort during the season that they just gave buff? Agree to disagree on that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not great. But they are smart and can stop the pass for sure. We shredded them though because we're designed to compete with them.

Even the Bradley hire was because the Chargers excelled schematically against KC.

Okay, just saw someone say they’re great and at best they’re an okay defense. They’re well coached and are average in every category. They’re what the Raiders should be wanting to build. Smart, fast and an opportunic defense. 

• Like 1

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

So you think kc gave us the same effort during the season that they just gave buff? Agree to disagree on that. 

Okay let's say they didn't give the same "effort". Shouldn't they have adjusted more for the 2nd game and blown us out?

You think that effort accounted for a 30 point difference in 2 games? And that's including garbage time. That's pretty bold.

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

No. Nobody's beating the Chiefs in the playoffs. Did anyone thought the Bills would win when they were up 9-0? KC just takes it up a notch whenever they have to.

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Buffalo just clearly doesn't match up well.  You can call it effort, but I don't think KC ever took their foot off the pedal.  They were beating up teams all year long.  They had a couple hiccups but still could've gone undefeated if we never took them out in week 5.  You can say KC didn't bring "effort" in week 5 but they still managed to put up 32.  They didn't just roll over for us.  

My thoughts on Carr at this point. 

He showed that he deserves one more year. Made improvements in his game. Used his legs more to run it while also doing it to extend plays. Will it ever be to the point where Gruden will want it to be no, but I do think it’s done enough to where it satisfies Gruden. Showed the want to throw it down field. Took his shots down field. Didn’t just check it down as much. 

Went into KC and beat KC. You can say the Chiefs we not motivated or there weren't packed with fans. But that doesn’t take away from that Carr went into KC and dotted that defense up. While hitting them with bombs down field. We can’t sit here and complain how he plays like trash in KC then he plays good in KC and try to Diminish his accomplishments for that game. The second game against KC was 10 times better game from him then the one in KC. I thought we saw peak Carr in that game. From the LOS calls to get them into a better call. The accuracy he showed. 

There is also things he still needs to work on like the drop in play we seen from him in the second half part of the season. Do a better job in getting others involved. Would be the main ones for me. 

Would I trade for Watson yes, but I don’t know if I would trade him for someone like Stafford. I think you give Carr the 2021 season and you go out in FA and buy a defense that can be average or above and you see what he can do. They averaged almost 28 points a game, offense is not far off just a couple tweaks I would make. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We been out of the playoffs so long, our fans don't even understand playoff intensity football with the SB trip on the line vs a middle of the season game.

53 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Okay let's say they didn't give the same "effort". Shouldn't they have adjusted more for the 2nd game and blown us out?

You think that effort accounted for a 30 point difference in 2 games? And that's including garbage time. That's pretty bold.

Chiefs didn't blowout anyone in the last half of the season. Even though they won except week 17, they didn't cover one ATS spread (0-8-1) and basically just won every game by less than a score.

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

We been out of the playoffs so long, our fans don't even understand playoff intensity football with the SB trip on the line vs a middle of the season game.

Chiefs didn't blowout anyone in the last half of the season. Even though they won except week 17, they didn't cover one ATS spread (0-8-1) and basically just won every game by less than a score.

Interesting that you think the Chiefs would play significantly "harder" than in a regular season game. These are grown men and NFL coaches.  

Are you saying that their players "didn't care". Their coaches "didn't prepare". Mahomes "didn't try"? 

I find this hard to believe. Has nothing to do with whether the Raiders were in the playoffs or not. Actually that's one of the worst ad hominems I've ever heard. You're essentially assuming that none of the posters watch playoff football or know what the implications are. Of course they play hard. Most teams that don't rest their starters play hard even in the regular season.

If you want to argue that KC wasn't ready for us schematically, why did we play them tough in the second game as well? When they had tons of time to adjust COMING OFF A BYE.

Is it hard to admit we match up well with the team that only we have been able to actually beat this season?

44 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Interesting that you think the Chiefs would play significantly "harder" than in a regular season game. These are grown men and NFL coaches.  

Are you saying that their players "didn't care". Their coaches "didn't prepare". Mahomes "didn't try"? 

I find this hard to believe. Has nothing to do with whether the Raiders were in the playoffs or not. Actually that's one of the worst ad hominems I've ever heard. You're essentially assuming that none of the posters watch playoff football or know what the implications are. Of course they play hard. Most teams that don't rest their starters play hard even in the regular season.

If you want to argue that KC wasn't ready for us schematically, why did we play them tough in the second game as well? When they had tons of time to adjust COMING OFF A BYE.

Is it hard to admit we match up well with the team that only we have been able to actually beat this season?

The difference between the regular season and the playoffs is similar to practice and a game.  Not saying they did not try against us but teams just play different in the playoffs.  The same way you are suppose to practice the way you expect to play.  There is just more of a reason to give the extra effort or ignore the pain.  That is also why a lot of QBs do not do well in the playoffs the first time they make it.  The speed changes.  Chris Jones is a great player during the regular season but him and Mathieu were all over the place.  There entire defense was.  Like I said earlier, just ask Lamar Jackson about the difference between regular season and playoffs.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I do think it's crazy to think players have the sane intensity for a playoff game vs a regular season game. Has nothing to do with trying or not trying. It just isn't the same level of play. Any player will say the same. Playoff football is different. And yes we have built a team around matching up  well with kc. Thats true, doesn't matter though if you can't beat who you suppose to. 

Edited by dante9876