Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson

jetsfan4life51

Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson

4 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Cause no one actually watches.  They just see a box score and make an opinion off it (fields).  

Yup. 

Lawrence is great, but he's not the only QB that can be a franchise QB in this draft. That's why I didn't care if we locked the #1 pick or not, but I am glad we locked a top 2 pick. I'm glad people are happier on here though. 

Edited by rickyt31

7 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Cause no one actually watches.  They just see a box score and make an opinion off it (fields).  

Im an OSU fan, Ive seen every Fields snap and I can say with full confidence other than being a tad faster, their is nothing Fields does better than Wilson

Edited by Abe56

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Im an OSU fan, Ive seen every Fields snap and I can say with full confidence other than being a tad faster, their is nothing Fields does better than Wilson

I can't even argue against this right now. I'm still giving Fields a chance to clean up his last couple games, but I'm sliding Wilson into my top 3 right now. I still believe Fields will be good, I just can't rank him above Wilson right now. 

Edited by rickyt31

14 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

To be honest, this year is an anomaly for Wilson.  Is it that this is his true potential? Or is it that they played a weak schedule in a weird, Covid affected year?  

24 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yup. 

Lawrence is great, but he's not the only QB that can be a franchise QB in this draft. That's why I didn't care if we locked the #1 pick or not, but I am glad we locked a top 2 pick. I'm glad people are happier on here though. 

Got to give people time. We’ve been locked into the number 1 pick for a while.

Wilson has shown this season he has skills. My only worry is his durability.

I went back to watch some Trey Lance. I wish he would have played this year. He hurt his stick by not playing.

Edited by SDotNova

9 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

To be honest, this year is an anomaly for Wilson.  Is it that this is his true potential? Or is it that they played a weak schedule in a weird, Covid affected year?  

Anomaly? He's a junior in college. Are these guys always supposed to be elite right out of the gate of HS when their bodies are still developing?

Watch the throws he's making. There's nothing flukey about what he's doing.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

To each their own. I still rate Fields quite a bit higher than Wilson. Wilson has played 2 good teams this year (and I’m being kind saying CC and Boise are good). And he wasn’t impressive really in either game. And they actually lost to CC.

He was quite good in both games and his WRs let him down against CC.  I think that was the game he had like a 60 yard TD dropped and he drove them like 90 yards for a possible game winning drive and just missed on a TD pass that he threw perfectly.

Fields hasn't played a great schedule either really.  

Edited by Rockice_8

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Anomaly? He's a junior in college. Are these guys always supposed to be elite right out of the gate of HS when their bodies are still developing?

Watch the throws he's making. There's nothing flukey about what he's doing.

Go look at his stats for his first 2 years.  He’s nearly doubled his YPA this year and drastically cut down the turnovers.  It’s such a huge jump from last year it’s startling.

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

I went back to watch some Trey Lance too. I wish he would have played this year. He hurt his stick by not playing.

Seems like no one is mentioning his shoulder anywhere..

I just don’t know if I could take him with the 2nd pick, JD would have to be absolutely sure. He’s playing great tonight but if you go back and watch him vs coastal it’s just not as impressive. It’d be interesting 

Just now, SDotNova said:

I went back to watch some Trey Lance too. I wish he would have played this year. He hurt his stick by not playing.

lol I just didn't realize how locked on Law people were that they didn't even watch other QBs. 

I'm not worried about Wilson physically, but I am worried about this year being a fluke because how dramatically different his stats are from the year before. He wasn't good at all the year before, but sometimes players need time to learn. It's a concern though. 

Trey Lance I believe will be playing in Spring. I think their whole conference shifted the season to spring. It makes things weird but I saw everything I'm looking for out of him. He just has to do it again. Even in the one game they played, he threw amazing passes and his athletes dropped them. I probably won't change from him until the season. Wentz's stats can't even compare to the year Lance had last season. 

5 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Go look at his stats for his first 2 years.  He’s nearly doubled his YPA this year and drastically cut down the turnovers.  It’s such a huge jump from last year it’s startling.

Yes, this isn't some crazy thing. He's a junior in college.

He also had a shoulder injury last year, but regardless, there's nothing flukey what he's doing.