Jump to content

Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson


Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

    • Sam Darnold
      27
    • Justin Fields
      17
    • Zach Wilson
      11


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, famousj said:

 Sign Dak Prescott, keep Darnold , draft Penei Sewell and move Beckhton to RT.   Keep building the team from the Lines out.  

Why move our potentially all pro, pro bowl rookie LT?

Remember the last guy we got that didn’t play football for a year?  How’d that work out?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xrade said:

Is Fields truly that much better than the other prospects?  From my arm chair, I am not so sure.  When he was pressured in the NW game his accuracy dropped. In the NFL he will be pressured.

My point is that we do not have to take a QB at 2. We can trade down and still most likely get a QB even in round 2 that would not be that big of a drop off, if at all. If we pass on a QB altogether, we can get the next “Fields”in 2022. 

I actually think he is.  He has all the attributes you looks for in a prospect especially ones that transfer like accuracy on all levels.

Young QBs don't handle pressure well it's typical.  I won't kill the kid for having flaws.  He's not perfect but has everything you want to develop.

Sam is done.  He can read a defense he can't go through progressions and his accuracy is inconsistent.

Sam needs to go to the highest bidder he's not a franchise QB in this league.  After 3 years he's making the same mistakes.  Guys are in bad situations around the league and are playing at a far superior level.  Sam needs a perfect situation which is just not realistic in the NFL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It really comes down to how he feels about the other QBs compared to Sam. Sam's situation is tough because the timing of his contract. If we gamble on not picking a QB and those young QBs like Wilson/Fields look great, people will want JD fired. The good news is that if we're looking for coaches who has experience around the development or improvement of a QB, we have options; Daboll (Allen), Smith (Tannehill), Eric B(Mahomes), Brady(TB), and Harbaugh(Alex Smith). This very well could be a Alex & Kaepernick situation. We could land a coach that may feel like they can help him and still grab a QB like Lance, Fields, Trask, or Wilson. There is so much that can happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It really comes down to how he feels about the other QBs compared to Sam. Sam's situation is tough because the timing of his contract. If we gamble on not picking a QB and those young QBs like Wilson/Fields look great, people will want JD fired. The good news is that if we're looking for coaches who has experience around the development or improvement of a QB, we have options; Daboll (Allen), Smith (Tannehill), Eric B(Mahomes), Brady(TB), and Harbaugh(Alex Smith). This very well could be a Alex & Kaepernick situation. We could land a coach that may feel like they can help him and still grab a QB like Lance, Fields, Trask, or Wilson. There is so much that can happen. 

Not if the Johnsons play stronger role in hiring.

I know any qb with any new coach may click together and roll hard but those qb prospects...🤮

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Not if the Johnsons play stronger role in hiring.

I know any qb with any new coach may click together and roll hard but those qb prospects...🤮

Johnsons is definitely a factor. 

It all depends on how the scouts feel about these QBs. We've all been wrong before. A lot of people didn't like Josh Allen and now wish they had him. I personally like Fields, but Trey Lance in the 2nd sounds really good pending on the coach we land. But that's just me. 

 

EDIT: Trey Lance late first/early second. 

Edited by rickyt31
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Johnsons is definitely a factor. 

It all depends on how the scouts feel about these QBs. We've all been wrong before. A lot of people didn't like Josh Allen and now wish they had him. I personally like Fields, but Trey Lance in the 2nd sounds really good pending on the coach we land. But that's just me. 

 

EDIT: Trey Lance late first/early second. 

I rather to give Johnny Manizel a try. But that's just me. lol.

I think Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota make sense for Jets since both are young and experienced.  Unfortunately, qb price is too high to just try but I just don't like to waste 1st round on qb to see if he stands out.  No wonder I ain't GM. eh?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...