2021 Edge Prospects

Scoundrel

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

@Ozzy @CWood21 @jrry32 @Forge @candyman93 @Ragnarok @rackcs

What are your edge rankings and opinions on prospects?

I really like the day two guys, to be honest. I'm kind of bullish on the floor of Basham, and I like Jones. I don't love the first round, to be honest. I know Rousseau is there, but if I were looking for an edge (and the niners will be), I think I'm taking my stab on day 2. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I really like the day two guys, to be honest. I'm kind of bullish on the floor of Basham, and I like Jones. I don't love the first round, to be honest. I know Rousseau is there, but if I were looking for an edge (and the niners will be), I think I'm taking my stab on day 2. 

The bend and first step quickness and explosion of Jones is impressive. There are some inconsistencies but he flashes big time at moments. Basham I don’t understand the hate? Probably playing too heavy but he seemed more consistent but with less flash than Jones. I might be missing something on him though.

17 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

That is TBD.

I haven't looked at much yet outside of QBs, RBs, TEs, and some OL yet this year.  

Same.   I think it's going to be an odd EDGE class.  The top EDGE coming into the year (Gregory Rousseau) opted out, and his replacement (Jaelean Phillips) had a strong year.

• Like 1

I like both the Michigan guys Paye and Hutchinson. Paye is maybe the first edge off the board but I don't see a crazy high ceiling there. He's a Frank Clark type guy to me. Hutchinson has length, size, quickness and a motor but just wasn't real productive. Probably a day 2 guy but could be a bigger Maxx Crosby.

Joe Tryon-Shoyinka is a 1st round sleeper imo. Similar skillset to Josh Allen. Washington's other guy, RSO Zion, might be even better.

I like Jaelen Phillips more than Rousseau. Phillips has better lateral mobility and speed imo. Rousseau looks a lot like a Clemson DE.

Oweh is a scary prospect. Reportedly a freak athlete but he often plays stiff and doesn't get off blocks or finish.

Ossai is probably gonna test through the roof and go higher than I think he should. He's is a moldable type though that could eventually put it all together.

Bashem gives me Vinny Curry vibes.

Patrick Jones is a mid to late round prospect to me.

*...just read Aidan Hutchinson's returning.

Edited by BrownLeader
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Counselor said:

@BayRaider I’ve always enjoyed your takes on prospects and meant to tag you here but missed it. Thoughts on the edge class?

Haven’t dived deep yet. I usually do a big deep dive on QB’s first and don’t get to any other position until Mid January. 

I will say, I’ve always loved Ossai’s fit as a 3-4 EDGE, from both a physical and athleticism standpoint. And I don’t say that about every guy that “fits the part”, I did not like Sweat that much. If a defensive mind can mold Ossai, he can be one of the most dominant 3-4 EDGE players in the league. 

I also have always had a man crush on Basham and think he’s disrespected in rankings. High Floor like Ferrell a couple years back, but has superstar potential unlike Ferrell. I’m not saying Basham is “likely” to be a star, but it’s at least in there. I want to see how he tests. Ferrell made the right choice to skip the tests.... if he tested, he’s like pick 15-20. If Basham doesn’t test, I’d avoid him in the Top 25 Picks. Also he’s a pure 4-3 DE. I don’t like him in a 3-4 in the NFL at any position. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Haven’t dived deep yet. I usually do a big deep dive on QB’s first and don’t get to any other position until Mid January. 

I will say, I’ve always loved Ossai’s fit as a 3-4 EDGE, from both a physical and athleticism standpoint. And I don’t say that about every guy that “fits the part”, I did not like Sweat that much. If a defensive mind can mold Ossai, he can be one of the most dominant 3-4 EDGE players in the league. 

I also have always had a man crush on Basham and think he’s disrespected in rankings. High Floor like Ferrell a couple years back, but has superstar potential unlike Ferrell. I’m not saying Basham is “likely” to be a star, but it’s at least in there. I want to see how he tests. Ferrell made the right choice to skip the tests.... if he tested, he’s like pick 15-20. If Basham doesn’t test, I’d avoid him in the Top 25 Picks. Also he’s a pure 4-3 DE. I don’t like him in a 3-4 in the NFL at any position. 

Thank you sir I look forward to more from you next month