2021 Edge Prospects

Scoundrel

On 2/4/2021 at 9:13 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:
On 2/3/2021 at 4:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

Thoughts on Ronnie Perkins?

- Really good footall player, really good football I.Q, outstanding motor/effort

- Not really excited by his athleticism for a guy who looks about 6'2 245 on the field, also a major thing I noticed was how tight he was coming around the edge 

Ronnie Perkins

Broad
9-7

Vertical

20 Shtl.

3-Cone
----

60 Shtl.

His film pretty much confirmed what his numbers suggest, still a good football player though

Edited by MSURacerDT55

On 3/12/2021 at 2:04 AM, goldfishwars said:

I love Weaver. He's got excellent technique and while he'll never bend an edge, he's good against the run and finds a way to the QB while maintaining leverage in the run game. He's a fantastic football player that you can stick on a TE side and beat up strong side runs. On passing downs, I wonder if he could play a little bit on the inside...

1 hour ago, LinebackerGod said:

I love Weaver. He's got excellent technique and while he'll never bend an edge, he's good against the run and finds a way to the QB while maintaining leverage in the run game. He's a fantastic football player that you can stick on a TE side and beat up strong side runs. On passing downs, I wonder if he could play a little bit on the inside...

He's basically the Belichick binoculars meme in edge form

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

But which would you rather have?

Ojulari. He did it in the SEC, is very young, and has the combo of bendiness/burst and physicality that isn't super common among edge rushers. 

Not a knock on Ossai. I just really like Ojulari as a prospect. I have him behind Jaelan Phillips, but ahead of Paye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ojulari. He did it in the SEC, is very young, and has the combo of bendiness/burst and physicality that isn't super common among edge rushers. 

Would be interesting if the Raiders added him right after getting Yanny. Ngakoue's been a comp for him.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Would be interesting if the Raiders added him right after getting Yanny. Ngakoue's been a comp for him.

He's nothing like Ngakoue imo. I remember Ngakoue absolutely flattening Brandon Scherff in college with his speed-to-power rushes. Ojulari reminds me more of Harold Landry, but I think he has a higher ceiling.