Playoffs Gameday Thread: WFT vs Tompa

MKnight82

You know what my favorite thing about this season is? 

Cowboys w/Dak will be competitive 

You guys look to be on a major upswing

The Eagles are terrible, have huge questions at QB and are $75m over the cap. 

NFCE with a healthy Dallas/WFT rivalry and the Eagles being dogpoop is music to my ears

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

NFCE with a healthy Dallas/WFT rivalry and the Eagles being dogpoop is music to my ears

hopefully we have fans in the stands next year

Well, I wouldn’t crown him starter yet, but Heinike earned a spot on next years roster. The kid played his heart out, and Scott Turner deserves a ton of credit for getting him ready. 
I agree that this loss was easy to swallow. This game showed where the weaknesses are (WR, LB, Safety and punt returner) maybe a fullback too. Tom Brady,  like Hurts last week, scored twice in the 2nd quarter, only he’s too good to give that lead back. Hats off to him and the Bucs. 
As for the WFT, the arrow is only pointing up fellas. The cap space and the draft picks are all there. Can’t wait for the off-season to start.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And the Giants still have Daniel Jones

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

That was by far the most entertaining Washington game I've seen in a LONG time. IDK if he's your QBoTF, but he's damn sure earned a chance to compete for that spot next season. Just an amazing performance, all things considered.

200.gif 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Id love both to be powerhouses again so we can go back to hating and bashing each other properly on game weeks.

This season saw Dallas fans come over on here like. "Well I hope yall win cause we need draft positioning." Like, What?!  Hate us! This polite crap aint wanted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think once the adrenaline wears off we will realize we still need to draft a QB.  

He at the very least should be brought back and compete for the starting job as a 1a or 1b option. He played phenomenally. That INT definitely wasnt a poorly thrown ball that got intercepted. His scramble for the TD was one of the best plays of our season. He definitely earned a shot at being the next QBotF. Get him healthy and back for camp.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You never know dude. That’s by far the best QB play we’ve had since Kirk 

I’m not sure either. This performance today gives them a straight-face opportunity to go into next season with Allen and Heinicke as the QBs. Making a combined 45 cents per game, which gives them plenty of opportunity to upgrade the rest of the team. 

If one of them seizes the reins and claims the job with a winning season-long performance,  awesome. If not, maybe their poor play plus the crazy difficult 1st place schedule puts us in position to acquire the high-end QB talent we’re going to miss out on this year.

As I always say, if they fall in love with a QB, go ahead and take him at 19. Trade up if you have to. But they shouldn’t force the pick. And good lord they should not feel compelled to take some mid-round QB with some talent but probably destined to be a backup — we already have a couple guys who appear to be on that level. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m not sure either. This performance today gives them a straight-face opportunity to go into next season with Allen and Heinicke as the QBs. Making a combined 45 cents per game, which gives them plenty of opportunity to upgrade the rest of the team. 

If one of them seizes the reins and claims the job with a winning season-long performance,  awesome. If not, maybe their poor play plus the crazy difficult 1st place schedule puts us in position to acquire the high-end QB talent we’re going to miss out on this year.

As I always say, if they fall in love with a QB, go ahead and take him at 19. Trade up if you have to. But they shouldn’t force the pick. And good lord they should not feel compelled to take some mid-round QB with some talent but probably destined to be a backup — we already have a couple guys who appear to be on that level. 

That's basically what I've wanted to do all along.  I want to build this roster up and ad a first round QB later.  I think Heinicke's performance tonight made that possible.  Also I think the rest of the roster will respect the guy after tonight.