2020 Wild Card: Bears vs Saints

mw2noobbuster

Just now, Drained said:

Like I said before Reid's tree is good if we exclude the former OC's which is coincidentally the part of the game that Reid mainly manages. McDermott and Harbaugh were good DC's/Special Teams Coaches and they were probably given more freedom under Reid than Nagy, EB and Pederson were, just my two cents.

Even then, I don't think the former OC (not all of them) were bad HC's (some definitely were - Childress was patently blah in Minnesota).  But, for all the mentoring that Andy does (and he does), a lot of them have appeared to fail to pick up one thing Andy has pretty consistently done all his HC'ing career: Delegated and not tried to do everything himself.  Has Andy taken over playcalling because one of his offenses hit a rut or needed some heavy tweaking?  Yes, but he doesn't keep himself in that capacity over the long-term.  McDermott, as probably the best example, didn't go into Buffalo and insist on running the defense himself.  He went out and brought in an experienced DC (one also with HC experience - no doubt to be a sounding board to a first-time HC) who ran a very similar scheme to his own, with many of the same principals, and he's made tweaks and adjustments, but it is principally Leslie Frazier's defense to run.  McDermott puts his stamp on every week's plan and he's the one giving the direction he wants them going, but, aside from 1 or 2 times he's taken over for Frazier, Leslie been the one calling the plays.

It's an ego-checking thing that some coaches have and others don't.  Pederson, from what I've seen, doesn't have it.  Nagy, I'm pretty confident doesn't have it.  It's a rare trait though.  Us in LA still deal with those times when McVay's ego bites us (and him) in the butt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I genuinely want to know what's being said. He's trash anyway, so nothing surprises me, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

He's actually not a bad DB, he's just not a star.  Definitely a 3rd Safety/Nickel CB.

7 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Uh. Pederson's record is demonstrably worse, yes? Lol.

really? You consider regular season wins more important than championships?

Oh, sorry. I forgot about the '90s truama.

Were the 12 win 2000 Giants better than the 9 win 2011 or 10 win 2007 Giants?

How about the 15 win 2011 Packers or the 10 win 2010 Packers?

I prefer these myself.

usa_today_10637174.0.jpg

Edited by SkippyX

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

He’s better than all of the Dallas DBs though

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, I'm saying he's a trash-talker. Kind of a four-letter word. 

And Donovan Wilson and Trevon Diggs aren't bad. Think next year they'll start to garner more attention. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Even then, I don't think the former OC (not all of them) were bad HC's (some definitely were - Childress was patently blah in Minnesota).  But, for all the mentoring that Andy does (and he does), a lot of them have appeared to fail to pick up one thing Andy has pretty consistently done all his HC'ing career: Delegated and not tried to do everything himself.  Has Andy taken over playcalling because one of his offenses hit a rut or needed some heavy tweaking?  Yes, but he doesn't keep himself in that capacity over the long-term.  McDermott, as probably the best example, didn't go into Buffalo and insist on running the defense himself.  He went out and brought in an experienced DC (one also with HC experience - no doubt to be a sounding board to a first-time HC) who ran a very similar scheme to his own, with many of the same principals, and he's made tweaks and adjustments, but it is principally Leslie Frazier's defense to run.  McDermott puts his stamp on every week's plan and he's the one giving the direction he wants them going, but, aside from 1 or 2 times he's taken over for Frazier, Leslie been the one calling the plays.

It's an ego-checking thing that some coaches have and others don't.  Pederson, from what I've seen, doesn't have it.  Nagy, I'm pretty confident doesn't have it.  It's a rare trait though.  Us in LA still deal with those times when McVay's ego bites us (and him) in the butt.

I'll accept McVay's flaws haha.