Future QB Discussion

G08

11 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Mac Jones is a rookie unknown vs a mega contract QB who has massively underproduced. We have to be able to draft well not just keep trying to swing for high risk player acquisitions. 

In the last two years sure...before that Wentz was highly productive to the point where there was no way the Eagles would have traded him.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

In the last two years sure...before that Wentz was highly productive to the point where there was no way the Eagles would have traded him.

Right, but that is the critical factor here. We have seen so many players perform well than totally fizzle out. It's such a high risk. I would be OK with this trade if it was a second and third, but giving up a first rounder I just don't think is worth the risk we are taking.

4 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I would definitely disagree about 2017-2019 when reviewing his worth as a QB. First off, he's been injured a ton so that is already a huge red flag. Secondarily good QBs make those around them better, and I don't see any indication he is one of those players.

If he isn't, he isn't worth the trade, it's simply musical chairs.

He hasn’t been injured in 2 years. I agree about good QBs making those around him better, but I look at his 2019 with what he was working with at WR and that clearly happened there IMO. The 2020 crew he had was even worse than that, and he was running for his life the whole time. He was sacked 50 times in 12 games. That’s a 66-sack pace which would be the 4th most ever. Who’s to say he didn’t make bums in Fulgham and Ward look competent this year too? 

Amongst the teams that have expressed some level of interest in Wentz are the Chicago Bearsand Indianapolis Colts, sources told ESPN, though other teams also have called to gauge the market and see what a package for the Eagles quarterback would look like."

--per Schefter in his article just now

He also adds that Philly is looking for  Stafford-like package

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If it is a 1st and a future 3rd then why are people so mad? Truthfully would you rather have Mac Jones for the same because after trading up to make sure you get the 5th best rookie in this draft that's what we are looking at.

Some reports speculate Foles will be included too, which makes sense as it had been rumored Philly was interested in a Foles return long before the Wentz trade talks really got going.

Foles being in the mix is far from a deal breaker, though. But anyway, a first and a future third is not a bad price at all for a gamble of that magnitude. That's a very palatable package. I would rather have Mac Jones, though, as Wentz may well be injury prone...

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

What if this costs us Robinson? The numbers do not favor adding a 20 million dollar cap hit.

I'm not sure that Pace intends to keep Robinson, which is exactly the opposite approach I'd be taking. But if it came down to Jones and Robinson or Wentz...I think that's a no-brainer. I'm not convinced Pace sees things my way.

15 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Y’all remember when we traded a first for Rick Mirer 

Yeah. The good old days. I figured the trade would probably fail, but didn't care much because Wannstedt and company were as bad with first round picks as Pace is. 

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm not sure that Pace intends to keep Robinson, which is exactly the opposite approach I'd be taking. But if it came down to Jones and Robinson or Wentz...I think that's a no-brainer. I'm not convinced Pace sees things my way.

1) We could still sign Robinson. 

2) Resigning Robinson is not only up to Pace.

Not sure why people are assuming this.