NFC Divisonal Round Postgame: Packers Roll Rams

mikebpackfan

Positives:

-NFCCG at Lambeau, baby

-Gary, Z come up big, 2 Preston batted passes  

-Rodgers smart even if not completely accurate

-MLF called a great game

Negatives:

-Those 2 passes at end of half. Seemed ill-advised. 

-The Lazard drop almost completely turned this game

Uglyness:

-STs again. Hoo boy. 

8 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Negatives:

-Those 2 passes at end of half. Seemed ill-advised. 

I mentioned it in the game thread, but there's a long-running thread ON THIS VERY BOARD where we as a group sit there and crap on Aaron Rodgers for not taking enough chances when it's time to make a play. 

Was at least one of those passes ill-advised? Probably,  yeah. But considering this is a guy who literally goes entire seasons without risking an int, I'm OK with him rolling the dice in a situation - 25 seconds in the half? - where the team couldn't reasonably be expected to score. 

• Like 2

3rd down pass rush was amazing. Struggled against their tempo bad, but if we get them in 3rd and long our defense is really good. 

OL was amazing as per usual, Rodgers had a clean *** jersey at the end of the game.

All the receivers played well today. As I thought this whole time Adams vs Ramsay just wasn't a big factor at all. 

Run game was just on tonight, we used all three backs imo the best we have used them all year. It just looked like we subbed them in and out perfectly. Jones is just special, he's not a big dude and constantly slips out of tackles and can take big hits and get turning. I'm going to miss him a lot if we most likely decide to let him go in FA. Williams is great as well getting great gains in-between the tackles and closed out that game.

The bad stuff really was that tempo the Rams used killing our D, we had no answer for it. That's going to be something the Saints/Bucs look to take advantage of. 

ST was Inconsistent as its always been so no real surprise there.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

15 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I mentioned it in the game thread, but there's a long-running thread ON THIS VERY BOARD where we as a group sit there and crap on Aaron Rodgers for not taking enough chances when it's time to make a play. 

Was at least one of those passes ill-advised? Probably,  yeah. But considering this is a guy who literally goes entire seasons without risking an int, I'm OK with him rolling the dice in a situation - 25 seconds in the half? - where the team couldn't reasonably be expected to score. 

The first of the two was floated into the end zone....Along with tipped balls, Rodgers has been picked on these weak type of passes...

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

3rd down pass rush was amazing. Struggled against their tempo bad, but if we get them in 3rd and long our defense is really good. 

OL was amazing as per usual, Rodgers had a clean *** jersey at the end of the game.

All the receivers played well today. As I thought this whole time Adams vs Ramsay just wasn't a big factor at all. 

Run game was just on tonight, we used all three backs imo the best we have used them all year. It just looked like we subbed them in and out perfectly. Jones is just special, he's not a big dude and constantly slips out of tackles and can take big hits and get turning. I'm going to miss him a lot if we most likely decide to let him go in FA. Williams is great as well getting great gains in-between the tackles and closed out that game.

The bad stuff really was that tempo the Rams used killing our D, we had no answer for it. That's going to be something the Saints/Bucs look to take advantage of. 

ST was Inconsistent as its always been so no real surprise there.

I think Adam’s and Jones both had plays where they almost slipped multiple tackles at once to break a long one. These guys are special. 

also I agree that the Ramsey vs Adam’s matchup was overblown this week - Packers can score without Adam’s and if he’s playing, they are going to find a way to involve him.

also I think Jaire made more plays than Ramsey. Freakin beast, hardly gets thrown too but that 1 time a game they throw near him he demolishes the ply lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Someone please take Malik Taylor off KO returns. Thanks.

Who else they got though? Jamaal Williams? Probably a better option but he's not gonna be any real threat to break one either. Pack just got crap on ST and gotta hope they don't do anything stupid for once

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Who else they got though? Jamaal Williams? Probably a better option but he's not gonna be any real threat to break one either. Pack just got crap on ST and gotta hope they don't do anything stupid for once

I'd go Jamal just for ball security alone. I don't trust Malik to not cough it up. He looks like a kid out there.