NFC Divisonal Round Postgame: Packers Roll Rams

mikebpackfan

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Goff was way too efficient tonight for my liking, especially considering he didn’t have Kupp in the lineup.  In the end it doesn’t matter, but I was expecting a lesser passing performance from Goff to be honest.

So what you're indirectly trying to say is a better QB is going to give this team problems....Or that you still don't have faith in our defense....

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

So what you're indirectly trying to say is a better QB is going to give this team problems....Or that you still don't have faith in our defense....

People need to reconsider their knee-jerk "the defense stinks" urges.
In terms of points scored against.....our defense is doing just fine.

And isnt that what matters?

Edited by Leader

Our D is getting largely benefited from our O who are putting long long drives.

Our O struggled in NFC championship games in the past including  2010 and its only in 2010 our D bailed out.

Can this D bail out if we have a bad O game. Absolutely no. That’s all I care. Talent is there but Pettine sucks at any adjustments. Hopefully our O will be sharp one more week.

Edited by Jaire_Island

17 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I made no such assertions.  Being surprised that Goff had a better game than expected does not equal criticism of our defense, nor did I even remotely mention anything about better QB’s giving GB problems.

The rhetoric coming into the game was that expectations for Goff were low due to his lack of experience playing in the cold and his thumb injury.  It’s not a stretch to say he performed better than expected - especially with Kupp out, and it’s not necessarily an indictment of the GB defense that he played fairly well, albeit far from good enough to win.

I have plenty of faith in our defense and your assumptions are false.

• Like 1

Zach Kruse -   

Rams only had one play over 20 yards.

Only 3 scoring drives out of 8 possessions.

Shutout in fourth quarter.

Finished 2-for-9 on third/fourth down.

Jared Goff ended up with 148 net passing yards.

Robert Woods had 48 receiving yards.

Cam Akers was productive but hardly dominant.

Fire the DC!

• Like 1