NFC Divisonal Round Postgame: Packers Roll Rams

mikebpackfan

13 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Ryan Grant was awesome! Very, very fast if he ever got two strides down in the second level. What I am saying, pretty much as opinion, is that we haven’t had a team in thirty years that intended to win a game by running the ball and manipulating a defense to commit resources away from pass defense to deal with a wholly successful ground attack. I believe I’m seeing that now. 

I feel like Sherman had that model back in around the turn of the century with Green/Davenport and that road-grader OL. 

Would just like to send apologies for everyone who watched the game and whose blood pressure rose early in the third quarter.

It was my family.   We did that.

As many of you know, my father passed away a few months ago.  He's not around to "coach" my mother through games.  And...she's now texting.

She texted me after we scored in the second half.  She asked if our next game is the NFL Championship game.  Quarter and a half left and she's texting me about the next game.  I tried to ward off the jinx by telling her that the next game was the Bucs Vs. Saints game on Sunday.  Nope, she doubled down, asking if next week's Championship game is in Lambeau.  Ungh.

I told her that she jinxed us.  Told her to find a baseball hat, turn it inside out and wear it backwards.

After a few minutes she said that she doesn't have a baseball hat in the house.

In that span of time, we had a bogus holding call negate a good run.  Missed a wide open deep shot to MVS that maybe could have scored and dropped another long bomb that was likely a TD.

I found a hat, turned it inside out, wore it backwards and then the game stabilized for us.

Very sorry about those few minutes.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leader said:

?  Dont lay this off on your Mom.

If your "reversed hat".....thing....is this effective, the question is begged why weren't you wearing it that way from the opening kickoff?  😄

Because that is the "rally" hat, which also reverses jinxes.  

If I had any loose coins to throw into the lake, I would have done that as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Would just like to send apologies for everyone who watched the game and whose blood pressure rose early in the third quarter.

As many of you know, my father passed away a few months ago.  He's not around to "coach" my mother through games.  And...she's now texting.

She texted me after we scored in the second half.  She asked if our next game is the NFL Championship game.  Quarter and a half left and she's texting me about the next game.  I tried to ward off the jinx by telling her that the next game was the Bucs Vs. Saints game on Sunday.  Nope, she doubled down, asking if next week's Championship game is in Lambeau.  Ungh.

I told her that she jinxed us.  Told her to find a baseball hat, turn it inside out and wear it backwards.

In that span of time, we had a bogus holding call negate a good run.  Missed a wide open deep shot to MVS that maybe could have scored and dropped another long bomb that was likely a TD.

I found a hat, turned it inside out, wore it backwards and then the game stabilized for us.

Sorry about your pops Vegas, like you I lost a parent in the fall. She didn't care much for football though so I don't have a funny story about that. But you get that mom of yours straightened out we can' t have this type of mix ups going foward:)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Sorry about your pops Vegas, like you I lost a parent in the fall. She didn't care much for football though so I don't have a funny story about that. But you get that mom of yours straightened out we can' t have this type of mix ups going foward:)

Thank you, and condolences to you as well.

My mother lives in Florida...and she took a lot of heat after the loss earlier this year.

Redemption is gonna be sweet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It was my fault actually, switched from beer to water in the 3rd, quickly realized the mistake and made sure I got enough beers to last the 4th before they shutdown the concessions.

• Like 3

I agree with Sasquatch, I thought Goff played much better than I expected.  Looked like he converted his throws to the guys who were kinda open when they were open, and was more accurate than I expected.   

As you noted, I'm not faulting the Packers defense.  I just figured that Goff isn't always accurate under normal circumstances, and that with the thumb and the cold, his accuracy might be off and we might benefit from a throw or two that just missed.  Or that there might be a throw that missed that would turn into an interception.  

But I didn't really see any particular misfires or failures on his part.  The Packers defense just didn't really give him many opportunities.  

• Like 1

Being able to see the whole field in person helps you notice some little nuances. I'd wager like 40% of the snaps last week the Rams were in 11 personnel trips to King's side.

Jaire is so good that not only do they not throw at him, they don't even have a receiver running a route over there. Why waste your time?

• Like 1