2021 Offseason Discussion

Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, MarkPrice25 said:

He's gonna end up a Steeler.

With Pouncey retiring, if Ben retires and they cut Ebron, Vance McDonald and Joe Haden they could sign him to a cheap deal ($12 million) and have enough to sign draft picks. Of course they can't sign anyone else to a big deal so you are looking at Mason Rudolph and a cheap backup like Dobbs.

It would be a lot of work to get JJ there and I don't know if it would make them better with all of the work they would have to do to make it happen. I guess they could just punt on 1st down and hope their defense scores points.

Realistically I think the Steelers will be more interested in improving their line and finding a running game and a QBOTF.

This would be very interesting. 

League sources told ESPN's Ed Werder that approximately a dozen teams initially had shown interest in Watt since his release, including the Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Billsand Tennessee Titans. Sources said Watt's priority in determining his next team will be his belief that he can play in a Super Bowl with that team based on its supporting cast; he has never reached a conference championship game.”

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30886997/houston-texans-part-ways-jj-watt-asks-release

Just now, candyman93 said:

I think the best model to follow is:

1. Have an explosive offense.

2. Have 2 elite pass rushers.

3. Live with weaknesses elsewhere or just hope you get kinda lucky and get cheap late round guys who over perform.

Idk having 2 elite pass rushers would be great but we need Lbs and corners. If we don’t teams are gonna quick pass us to death like they did last years.