When can we start putting Mahomes on the list of all-time great QBs?

childofpudding

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

When we're saying all time greats, I'm assuming we're talking like Mt. Rushmore level.  If we're doing top 10 to 20, then sure, there's an argument for those two.

Who do you have as the four? Brady, Montana, Manning i assume. Who is the 4th?

On 1/24/2021 at 11:37 PM, wackywabbit said:

When CAN you? If I put Trevor Lawrence and C.J. Stroud on the list of all-time great QBs, what exactly are you or anyone else going to do about it?

I'll put Tim Tebow on the list. You have no power here. 

Now you're talking!

On 1/25/2021 at 2:22 AM, BigTrav said:

He IS the greatest. Maybe not in the sense of overall achievements and history (that's clearly Tom), but Patrick is the greatest talent ever. Ever. 

Crazy as it sounds after such a short time in the league, that is probably a fair statement.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 2:59 AM, Nabbs4u said:

He hasn't played long enough to warrant that spot, plan and simple. If he suffers a catastrophic injury derailing the rest of his career, would he be on that overall list? No!

As impressive as he has looked and given what he has accomplished thus far he is on pace to (1 day) be on that list. 

However I'd still take Dan Marino 1984 over any QB season since. Especially against this pass wacky, defensive touch/flag football they call the NFL these days.

As much as it pains me to say it, Aaron Rodgers' 2011 season is about the best I've ever seen a quarterback play over the course of a 16-game season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i see what you did there

No, I really wasn't trying to do anything like that.  I was mainly saying that he was playing at an incredibly high level all season long, not just for a string of a few games when you maybe played some weaker opponents.  His 2011 season was truly about as good as I've ever seen a QB play the game.  I give credit where credit is due, even to Rodgers, hard as that may be for me.  :)

I mean realistically maybe 3 more years?? Kurt Warner is in the all-time discussion and hall of fame based off basically 6 seasons. Mahomes career so far is basically like if Brett Favre's 1st season starting was 95 -> 96 -> 97 where he had 3 MVPs and 2 Super Bowl appearances. I do wonder what the conversation on Favre was like all time around then because Montana had just returned in 94.

58 minutes ago, Malik said:

I mean realistically maybe 3 more years?? Kurt Warner is in the all-time discussion and hall of fame based off basically 6 seasons. Mahomes career so far is basically like if Brett Favre's 1st season starting was 95 -> 96 -> 97 where he had 3 MVPs and 2 Super Bowl appearances. I do wonder what the conversation on Favre was like all time around then because Montana had just returned in 94.

Favre was definitely considered to be on a Goat trajectory in the 90s.  Then the 2000s came, his play tanked, and he proceeded to piss off just about everyone who liked him in the 90s.

• Like 1