When can we start putting Mahomes on the list of all-time great QBs?

childofpudding

If he wins the Super Bowl he certainly makes the case for top 10 QB. If you look at all of those QBs at the age of 25. He blows all of them out of the water. SB Wins aren't even his biggest argument for GOAT it's his absurd talent at such a young age that is most special about imo. That said the same weird people that question Brady in Belichick's system will start doing the same with Mahomes in Reid's offense.

22 minutes ago, Chargers said:

That said the same weird people that question Brady in Belichick's system will start doing the same with Mahomes in Reid's offense.

Mahomes has eye-popping physical talent, but I certainly question how much is Reid and the talent around him and how much is Mahomes. He's the best QB by his age that I've ever seen, though, ,so it's not like I'm knocking him too far down or anything.

If he wins then most certainly has the case for already Top 10. Even in just three years on physical talent alone. What is crazy to me is, all his mechanics issues and everything scouts said, he is still literally doing in the NFL yet is completely dominating.

3 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Mahomes has eye-popping physical talent, but I certainly question how much is Reid and the talent around him and how much is Mahomes. He's the best QB by his age that I've ever seen, though, ,so it's not like I'm knocking him too far down or anything.

What was Reid and the team accomplishing before Mahomes? We were famous for going “one and done”

Edited by Nightime

Reid didn't toss him in 1st day of the season.

maybe that's a thing for new QBs. ride the pine in exile and helplessly watch the team struggle

so when it's your turn...you know that you will never take a day on the field for granted and you mature

7 hours ago, Chargers said:

If he wins the Super Bowl he certainly makes the case for top 10 QB. If you look at all of those QBs at the age of 25. He blows all of them out of the water. SB Wins aren't even his biggest argument for GOAT it's his absurd talent at such a young age that is most special about imo. That said the same weird people that question Brady in Belichick's system will start doing the same with Mahomes in Reid's offense.

Not everyone came into the league at the same age though or got a starting job due to circumstance. Dan Marino's first few years he doesn't blow away, and that was in a rougher era. Mahomes has the hardware, but I'm just talking about dominance out of the gate as he was first team All Pro 3x by the time he was 25. Kurt Warner didn't start unitl 28, and those first three seasons he looked unstoppable. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

I'd say he's currently Gayle Sayers. Even with a projected injury, he's well on his way.

If he suffered a catastrophic injury that ruined or ended his career, he probably gets in on a 2nd or 3rd ballot - a star that didn't shine long, but he shined bright.

Right now, his only flaw is that he puts ketchup on steak - and even that has been met with some hilarious acknowledgement on his end in various commercials.

if mahomes wins the super bowl this year and retires he would make the hall of fame already .  Mahomes has so many haters because teams wished they drafted him . He will replace brady when he retires as goat .    He is a much better QB than brady was in his 3rd  year starting , brady was a game manager his first 3 rings while putting up some good numbers towards the end of the dynasty he still was not a top 3 QB skill wise until the 07 break out year .  Mahomes already has one mvp a super bowl ring and mvp and now can have 2 rings super bowl mvps and a mvp in 3 seasons as a starter . the chiefs will be able to keep their core together for at least another 3 years they will 3 peat at least and probably 4 peat . mahomes will have 4 or 5 rings by the time he hits 30 book it . it took brady untill he was in his mid 30s to get his 4th ring mahomes is way ahead of him . mahomes will retire with 8 or 9 rings 6 or 7 mvps and lead every stat and pass brady .

1 hour ago, coltstrong said:

if mahomes wins the super bowl this year and retires he would make the hall of fame already .  Mahomes has so many haters because teams wished they drafted him . He will replace brady when he retires as goat .    He is a much better QB than brady was in his 3rd  year starting , brady was a game manager his first 3 rings while putting up some good numbers towards the end of the dynasty he still was not a top 3 QB skill wise until the 07 break out year .  Mahomes already has one mvp a super bowl ring and mvp and now can have 2 rings super bowl mvps and a mvp in 3 seasons as a starter . the chiefs will be able to keep their core together for at least another 3 years they will 3 peat at least and probably 4 peat . mahomes will have 4 or 5 rings by the time he hits 30 book it . it took brady untill he was in his mid 30s to get his 4th ring mahomes is way ahead of him . mahomes will retire with 8 or 9 rings 6 or 7 mvps and lead every stat and pass brady .

9_9

this is going to get old fast

Edited by LieutenantGains