2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

1 hour ago, RamPackFan said:

Rams kicking the tires on Adoree Jackson!! 🧐

I see a few on here don’t like him. I loved him coming out of college but to say I’ve watched him as a Titan would be a lie. Only thing I remember about him is him trying to chase down TG on that 80 yard screen lol 

He is visiting the eagles and giants very soon. Probably not headed to LA but who knows. I’d love Fuller way but he’d be too expensive. 

If the rams get adoree, do the rams still draft a CB? I almost prefer to grab him and use the pick elsewhere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

I see a few on here don’t like him. I loved him coming out of college but to say I’ve watched him as a Titan would be a lie. Only thing I remember about him is him trying to chase down TG on that 80 yard screen lol 

He is visiting the eagles and giants very soon. Probably not headed to LA but who knows. I’d love Fuller way but he’d be too expensive. 

If the rams get adoree, do the rams still draft a CB? I almost prefer to grab him and use the pick elsewhere 

With Fuller, I think it entirely depends on the market he finds out there.  We're not signing him on a multi-year deal, we definitely can't afford that.  But I've got vague confidence we could do the shifting around if need presented itself to make room for a ~$9.5-10m, 1-year deal which is a modest decrease on what his APY salary was for the past two years (where he did have a statistical regressing in the second year) and accounted for by giving him minimal schematic change to have to concern himself with while not forfeiting anything in the way of quality of pass-rush in front of him.  I would similarly expect the Chargers, if Telesco is smart (which I have my doubts sometimes), to put themselves in play for similar reasons.(I think Fuller is smart enough to realize he's not getting $12+ million/yr on the market at this point unless it's from a team that's not going to be able to promise him hope that they'll be a competitive team without a lot of recent history to fall back on.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I'll be honest, with us extending Floyd, I almost kind of expect our "comp-pick-chasing" pickup for this offseason if we make one to be someone in the secondary, and possibly at CB2 to replace Troy Hill.  Kendall Fuller comes to mind - and I'd sure as hell take him over Adoree Jackson because I don't really think much of Adoree.  Already familiar with the scheme, would be the clear #2 to Ramsey giving him regular matchup advantages and opportunities for splash plays, and keeps Darious in the slot/freelance which is where he was most dangerous last season.  Also, CB is a more proven-consistent producer of big-money contracts than safety has been - particularly looking ahead to 2022 when the media deal will kick in and the cap should (legitimately) jump and not just proportionately to aggregate annual increases that we'd seen over the past decade.  Only other ones I'd really be interested in are Houston or Ingram - I'd be honest, I'd probably lean Houston.

darious williams is cb 2. he was last season and they put a 1rd tender on him.
jackson would be a nice/ok move to replace hill.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 7:50 AM, JonStark said:

Have we seen anything that has shown that a Stafford extension is not just fans' speculation? I haven't seen a report that it's actually in the works or a comment from Stafford anywhere. 

It's been fan speculation and assumptions vbased on reports in January. After Friday's press conference we learned alot more about what Stafford wants and what our options are surrounding his contract.

Extension: Preferred for Rams, but sounds like Stafford wants to play out the last 2 years of his deal. Not likely to happen. Idea was floated in January and it sounds like Stafford wants to be a Ram for a long time, but my guess is he is betting on himself to have big years in the next two to cash in on his success (hopefully).

Restructure: We can do this without Stafford's input, but would be converting his based salary into a signing bonus and push more $ into next year. It would free up a few million in 2021, but since we are already under the cap Snead views it as a "rainy day fund". My guess is that Snead is using this as a last resort if a big name is still lingering around FA and can be had at 0.25 cents on the dollar (Clowney, Ingram, Fuller) OR we can get Ertz for a 4th rounder, but that won't happen until the draft is my guess.

Source:

https://theathletic.com/2464719/2021/03/19/what-we-learned-from-matthew-stafford-sean-mcvay-and-les-snead-after-rams-trade/

On 3/19/2021 at 7:44 PM, MDY10 said:

adoree is a solid corner. he'll never be a lockdown guy and for whatever reason he's *completely* failed to be the dynamic playmaker he was billed as coming out of the draft (if you love yourself, never ask him to return a punt), but he's athletic and sticky in man coverage and he's a surprisingly capable tackler- with the exception of after he returned from injury this year, when he was just terrible at everything, but i'd chalk that up to rust. rumor is our coaching staff wasn't thrilled with the way he approached rehab, not sure what that's about or whether it'll be an issue moving forward, but otherwise no effort/personality concerns.

while i'm here...we just signed josh reynolds. what's the take, rams fans?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

while i'm here...we just signed josh reynolds. what's the take, rams fans?

Never lived up to Rams fans hope after the draft. A decent #3/4 WR who will have a few nice games but never really blow you away. From your description kind of a WR version of Jackson. Doesn't win the deep ball runs ok routes and doesn't have blazing speed. But he's a guy that will come in and work and won't be a problem. Good guy just not the best WR you're going to have. 

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Never lived up to Rams fans hope after the draft. A decent #3/4 WR who will have a few nice games but never really blow you away. From your description kind of a WR version of Jackson. Doesn't win the deep ball runs ok routes and doesn't have blazing speed. But he's a guy that will come in and work and won't be a problem. Good guy just not the best WR you're going to have. 

With Reynolds I went from thinking he would be a number 1 someday to thinking he will be a decent 2. I think he stepped up pretty big in many games whether it was on a play or two, whether he was part of the game plan, or whether someone was hurt and he had to step in. 

• Like 1

Very interesting turn of events. I'm guessing they're waiting for Blythe to get an offer and decide if they want to match. Also, I still think a pass rusher is on the table (Clowney, Houston, Ingram). These guys will want a 1 year deal and playing behind Donald is a recipe for a career year. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Very interesting turn of events. I'm guessing they're waiting for Blythe to get an offer and decide if they want to match. Also, I still think a pass rusher is on the table (Clowney, Houston, Ingram). These guys will want a 1 year deal and playing behind Donald is a recipe for a career year. 

Or Ryan Kerrigan who has a McVay connection.

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I wouldn't mind any of them, especially just imagining what potential Clowney might have playing with AD and Floyd. But I would also love to see Aldon Smith in a Rams uniform. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RamsFan24 said:

I wouldn't mind any of them, especially just imagining what potential Clowney might have playing with AD and Floyd. But I would also love to see Aldon Smith in a Rams uniform. 

I also wouldn't mind Carlos Dunlap, Kwon Alexander, Brian Poole or Larry Warford also.

1 hour ago, RamsFan24 said:

I also wouldn't mind Carlos Dunlap, Kwon Alexander, Brian Pool or Larry Warford also.

Or Kyle Fuller and slide D-Will to the slot. Have another year of elite secondary play makes our D-Line look better.

Shocked that Warford's name hasn't surfaced yet this offseason. I'd love him.