Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

PFF has him solidly in the 50s every year (that's a big no from PFF)

I was wondering because Sam Tevi was one of just three tackles that Trey Hendrickson beat with his initial pass-rush to make sack last season.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Bold strategy, signing former charger offensive linemen to be your guys

Both are depth signings still don’t like it when there’s much better to choose from. LT is most likely going to be the rookie starter they draft at 21.

Edited by Blackstar12

19 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Both are depth signings still don’t like it when there’s much better to choose from. LT is most likely going to be the rookie starter they draft at 21.

Hope you trade up. I think at 21 you're five tackles deep

Anyone think Indy is being overrated as somehow this “win now” team? Let’s take Carson wentz being bad out of the equation for right now. 

They don’t have a starting LT, they don’t have an elite number 1 pass catcher, and who is their stud edge rusher?

26 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Anyone think Indy is being overrated as somehow this “win now” team? Let’s take Carson wentz being bad out of the equation for right now. 

They don’t have a starting LT, they don’t have an elite number 1 pass catcher, and who is their stud edge rusher?

The overall defense is top 10, the oline managed to protect the statue of Philip Rivers even without a true starting LT, and was allowing JT to have a solid rookie year at RB. They may not have a #1 wr but they didnt really have one in 2020 and still managed to post top 10 in passing, may not have a stud edge rusher but the unit themselves are in a good position and Buckner posted 9.5 sacks which ranked him 11 in the sack category. Not to mention that the division they are in is going to be weak this year. Titans lost a couple of key pieces on offense including the guy who resurrected Tannehills career are gone, texans are essentially a dumpster fire in a train wreck, and the Jags are in total rebuild mode. The moves they have made for Wentz and Buckner the past 2 years have been solid. Colts were in a position not to be able to land a future QB and were able to go out and get the next best thing without having to give up a 1st round pick. Landing the QB in which he had his best career year in Philly with now his HC is something they could think positive about. I dont necessarily think they are going to win it all now but they are certainly on the right path to be able to make a push in the next year or 2. They still have plenty of cap space and can bring in some key pieces that are still out there along with a good draft they could be argued to be a contender in the AFC. 

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Hope you trade up. I think at 21 you're five tackles deep

Unfortunately since the Colts already gave up a third I don’t see them giving up any more draft picks. Big fan of Texas LT Samuel Cosmi if he’s still available at 21 Colts should draft him.

Edited by Blackstar12

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Wentz is really the key if he can be on par with Rivers that’ll be good. Colts were 9th in scoring without an elite WR. As far LT it seems like the starter will be the rookie they take at 21 or if they move up. I do agree Edge rush is the biggest concern. I’m kinda disappointed they let a lot of decent Edge rushers go by, many getting reasonable deals. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Wentz is really the key if he can be on par with Rivers that’ll be good. Colts were 9th in scoring without an elite WR. As far LT it seems like the starter will be the rookie they take at 21 or if they move up. I do agree Edge rush is the biggest concern. I’m kinda disappointed they let a lot of decent Edge rushers go by, many getting reasonable deals. 

On par with rivers is not beating the chiefs or Bills. I’m not sure it’s better than the ravens.