Barry it is.....

Leader

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm comforting myself by saying that Vic Fangio coached the 25th ranked defense in the NFL this year. Talent is more important than scheme. If Gutey hits on another pick or two on D, anyone should be able to coach that talent to top 15.

I mean we still have 12 in a weak division. This is more about can we have a defense that can actually hold a decent offense in check in the playoffs. That's all we've ever needed.

Edited by packfanfb

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Cool, we passed on 2 upcoming coaches that worked with the most important position on a defense for a retread specializing in the least important.

I'm the farthest thing from an expert but this is impossible to get excited about. Hope I'm wrong honestly but it's just like yawn.....

She makes a good point though. We can and should do much better.

Chris Harris and Ejiro Evero were finalists and instead we chose the white retread with two failed coordinator opportunities.

Edited by Chili

Meanwhile, Bert here reports that Chris Harris was the runner-up to Barry. Not sure what happened with Ejiro Evero's candidacy.
Quote Tweet

vN2QmbEg_mini.jpg

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer
· 12m
Re: Packers DC job ... Washington DBs coach Chris Harris comes out of that process very much as a guy to watch, having been the runner-up in Green Bay. The former Bears and Panthers safety has a very bright future in coaching. He's still just 38.

Edited by Brat&Beer