Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

That’s not even talking about the Refs obviously favoring the Buccaneers and giving them the game 

Come on man, the refs didn’t alter the outcome of the game last night. It was domination on both sides from start to finish. 

Does anyone have a clip of Mahomes throw... I think it was early in the 4th quarter. He was running for his life (like usual) and he was near the sideline. He had a defender on him wrapped around him and threw the ball on the endzone for an almost TD. That throw was insane.

There was another throw he made where he was like an inch off the ground.

Dude is nuts.

• Like 1

Just now, Pats#1 said:

Come on man, the refs didn’t alter the outcome of the game last night. It was domination on both sides from start to finish. 

I agree the refs didn't decide the game. They did let off with the flags in the second half. Chiefs OL was holding like crazy but it wouldn't have mattered at that point.

I'm just going to throw this out there because I haven't seen it talked about yet.

Reid coached a pretty abysmal game. From the game plan to some of the in-game decisions.

Lets start with the game plan. Reid is fully aware that his o-line is banged up and terrible. Why are you not putting extra blockers out to help compensate for this? Why are you not doing more screens, reverses with Tyreek/Hardman, etc. This gameplan was as if they had an elite O-line which they clearly didn't.

Let's also talk about the decision to call 2 timeouts when the Bucs had the ball before the half. 

First of all, betting on Brady to go 3 & out right before the half is a terrible bet to make. That decision cost them 7 points.

Second of all, even if you got the ball back it would be with like 30 seconds and no timeouts. I know that it's Mahomes and he can just make **** happen but at best you get a FG out of that. Instead you gave the Bucs extra time and they ended up getting a touchdown and it completely destroyed the morale of the Chiefs defense.

Really I don't think the Chiefs recovered at all from the touchdown before the half. They seemed shell-shocked and it showed.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I'm just going to throw this out there because I haven't seen it talked about yet.

Reid coached a pretty abysmal game. From the game plan to some of the in-game decisions.

Lets start with the game plan. Reid is fully aware that his o-line is banged up and terrible. Why are you not putting extra blockers out to help compensate for this? Why are you not doing more screens, reverses with Tyreek/Hardman, etc. This gameplan was as if they had an elite O-line which they clearly didn't.

Let's also talk about the decision to call 2 timeouts when the Bucs had the ball before the half. 

First of all, betting on Brady to go 3 & out right before the half is a terrible bet to make. That decision cost them 7 points.

Second of all, even if you got the ball back it would be with like 30 seconds and no timeouts. I know that it's Mahomes and he can just make **** happen but at best you get a FG out of that. Instead you gave the Bucs extra time and they ended up getting a touchdown and it completely destroyed the morale of the Chiefs defense.

Don't forget the Chiefs went offsides on a field goal to get a 1st down, then Bucs went on to score a TD. 

I am also pretty sure a penalty helped keep drive alive to even get in FG range.

Chiefs dropped down fast and they all expected Mahomes to just outplay everyone and save them.  When it didn't happen, ppl are like sharks smelling blood.  Mahome struggled, and so did everyone else.  Some just completely failed though.

Edited by Zalixar

1 minute ago, Zalixar said:

So many more people than Mahomes failed that day.

True, but Mahomes didn't play well either. Def not his fault like some people are making it out to be. They really lost as a team last night. Mahomes still make some sick throws even though they were incomplete.

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Really I don't think the Chiefs recovered at all from the touchdown before the half. They seemed shell shocked and it showed.

All that and to me it seem like Tampa Bay pretty much stayed in a similar coverage all game. They kept doing the same exact defensive coverage and there were like 0 adjustments. I think it's fair to say that Reid should bear a large portion of the blame.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

True, but Mahomes didn't play well either. Def not his fault like some people are making it out to be. They really lost as a team last night. Mahomes still make some sick throws even though they were incomplete.

I don't think Mahomes is the reason the Chiefs lost but there is something that Brett Kollman has been pointing out for awhile that I absolutely saw yesterday.

Mahomes when pressured goes way way back. Like 20-30 yards back. He can't keep doing that. If he gets sacked the drive is essentially over. Plus it puts his o-line in an awful position.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

Nah most other QB's weren't playing behind a rotating heap of garbage bins on the offensive line all season, nor would they have gotten their team anywhere near the SB under those conditions either.

Steelers 2008. They won. Offensive line was *** all season. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

14 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Cmon.

u cannot blame the refs when most of the calls were against the defense, and your offense only scores 9 points 

lmaaaaooooo i have seen numerous chiefs fans in other places make this claim too. yall lost by 3 touchdowns. they were dominated.