There hasn't been a Hall of Fame-worthy RB drafted in over a decade

Apparition

58 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire. He's a talented receiver and runner, big game performer, just had a great rookie season, his teammates voted him team rookie of the year. He had a great superbowl performance with the touches he was given, and will have many more chances in his career to collect super bowl MVPs.

Dk_sVx-WsAAsyn8.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starless said:

Dk_sVx-WsAAsyn8.jpg

This guy was the MVP of the championship game in college and looked great in the SB but chiefs fell behind early so couldn't run it much.

He's going to have a long productive career and be visible in many super bowls, it's not nearly as bold of a prediction as it seems.

Zeke has 6384 yards rushing, 8341 yards from scrimmage, and 56 TDs in 5 seasons.

He's a 4.5 ypc runner in the regular season and the playoffs.

He averages 103 yards rushing and 119.3 yards from scrimmage per playoff game with 2 TDs in 3 games.

He's 5th all-time in yards rushing per game.

He's only 26 next season.

What do you think it takes to make the HoF as a RB? He's a lock unless he gets mangled sometime in the next 5 years.

You don't assume major injury and say he isn't likely to make it.

44 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Zeke has 6384 yards rushing, 8341 yards from scrimmage, and 56 TDs in 5 seasons.

He's a 4.5 ypc runner in the regular season and the playoffs.

He averages 103 yards rushing and 119.3 yards from scrimmage per playoff game with 2 TDs in 3 games.

He's 5th all-time in yards rushing per game.

He's only 26 next season.

What do you think it takes to make the HoF as a RB? He's a lock unless he gets mangled sometime in the next 5 years.

You don't assume major injury and say he isn't likely to make it.

What were his numbers last season? 

There's a clear trajectory for guys who have the sort of workload he's had in his first few years in the league, and it doesn't bode well for him. 

• Like 1

I think Derrick Henry might be the one guy who can actually buck the trend and produce at a high level into his late 20s, just because he's such a massive load and can absorb more hits than smaller RBs. But all it really takes is one unlucky hit or tweak of the knee to derail a promising career. 

Edited by Starless
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Starless said:

What were his numbers last season? 

There's a clear trajectory for guys who have the sort of workload he's had in his first few years in the league, and it doesn't bode well for him. 

Exactly. Looking at age is such a silly way to determine how much tread is on the tires of a RB. 

Zeke has been ran into the ground. He's a grinder. Dude was getting fed tons of carries well before he was drafted. 

I kinda expect him to retire on the younger side a la gronk 

As for this question. Derick Henry will be in the HOF with 1-2 more 1500+ yard seasons. He's kinda like Adrian Peterson in the sense they both are prone to have 200+ yard games, and fantasy football makes people remember those types of games lol 

Edited by N4L

The Barry Sanders Rule:  "The only team we should compare to a player is his own."  

Barry is in the Hall in part because he was the only scoring threat on the Lions and because no one ever threw a block for him.  Similarly, the only current player we can say with any certainty will be a Hall of Famer is Christian McCaffrey.  Returning from a serious injury to face the league's toughest opposition, Christian will still be taken first in your 2021 Fantasy league.

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Zeke is not going into the Hall of Fame because of Rob Gronkowski and King Henry?

Oh, also because his 2020 Cowboys offense was kinda like his 2017 Cowboys offense.

And because you don't like me saying he is only 26.

Read what I said again, this response to it seems like gibberish

Zeke does not have a lot of tread on his tires left. He takes a beating because that is his style of play. Similar to Gronk, he is physical with the ball in his hands. He also is similar to gronk in the sense he is a party animal who is one of the highest paid players at his position of all time. This generation of players have learned about the long term negative effects of football, and the dude is paid very well. To me, its extremely feasible that Zeke will retire earlier than most expect him to, especially if the cowboys continue to lose a lot of games. Retiring early will not help his chances to be in the HOF. That is pure speculation on my part with regards to early retirement, but its within the realm of possibility and should not be discounted. Your post seemed to insinuate that zeke would play like he did early in his career, for the rest of his career, which seems like a very silly projection to make whilst examining the trend line of his career.

My only point about the age is that its a terrible way to evaluate how much longer a RB can play at an elite level. Saying he is 26 doesnt matter. Brady is 43. So what? 

I have no idea how you got that Henry would prevent zeke from getting into the HOF from my post? Those were literally not connected in my post at all. One has nothing to do with the other. Read what I wrote again lol 

I have no idea what you mean with the 2nd line here. What??? Are you saying that the 2020 offense was worse because of a bad OL??? In that case, how does that help him compile enough stats when it is extremely unlikely that their OL will be as good as it was a few years ago? Or are you saying the offense overall was worse and that made it harder for him to put up stats? Because either way it makes no sense