House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

6 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Paddy deserves a standing ovation. He has been incredible. Should set up for an action packed final two episodes. 

This. I was his biggest detractor, even said it looked like they discovered him at Walmart. But he’s been the MVP. Matt Smith has been good too. 

17 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Matt Smith has been good too. 

He's my MVP. He has brought Daemon from wild youth wanting what he can't have, to conniving vindictive adult, to believable family man who just wants to be left alone, to likable protector of his family. He has purposefully created an abusive police force, murdered his wife, attempted to deflower his adolescent niece, murder a dude just so he can marry his now adult niece, and cut a dude's head off just for speaking ill of his niece/wife's bastard kids. Yet after all of that, I was freaking rooting for the dude in the last episode. That's amazing. The cherry on top is that I believe the character journey and it all feels earned and believable.  

• Like 5

On 10/11/2022 at 11:28 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Paddy deserves a standing ovation. He has been incredible. Should set up for an action packed final two episodes. 

think viserys i is my favorite character in the whole GOT universe honestly. **** at the dinner scene actually made me tear up lol. 

9 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

every few days i get an insatiable urge to spoil the show for myself and i fight it off. think it's inevitable i end up reading the spoilers during the layoff after season 1 

It’s so tough. I’m always so curious about the history. I can’t watch any of alt shift x old videos as I’m afraid something may be spoiled.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Have seen the first two episodes and really really enjoying it so far. Not sure why a lot of people are meh about it. 

Because way too many people are too impatient to let them build the story.  "I want ma dragn fightn now!"

My wife and I are trying so, SO hard to enjoy this. But the writers are making it extremely difficult to enjoy. We're almost at the seasons end, and they're still time skipping, replacing actors, some people have visibly aged, some re-casted and others looks the same, they continually refer to characters that have only had 2-4 scenes and minimal lines, etc. We spent the first 20 minutes of the episode trying to catch up on who's who, what's happened since 5-10 years ago, etc, that we're having a hard time just enjoying the story.  GoT was one of my favorite TV shows I've watched, and it feels like they just flopped on this one because they're trying to do too much.  We'll be loyal watchers and may even re-watch it, but it's a shame it can't be enjoyed on its first watch through. 

5 hours ago, NickButera said:

it feels like they just flopped on this one because they're trying to do too much.  

Try to view it as if the first 7 episodes were them just showing the viewers the backstory to the overall story.  Otherwise if they didn't have time jumps to rely on, then the show may as well have just started where it was in Episode 8.  But then we wouldn't know anything about Alicent/Rhaenyra's past, Otto's obvious motivations or how/why Alicent married Viserys, etc. 

It was a necessary evil.  At the end of the day, the main story is Dance of the Dragons.  So they just needed to explain to the viewers why everything is the way it is before jumping into that.  IIRC, there are no more massive time jumps left.  So we're done with the backstory and can focus on the main story.

• Like 4