NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Does this actually make the Clips better?

I mean you should know the type of impact Rondo can make in the playoffs. Beverly can't run the offense late in games or control the tempo like Rondo can. 

He will get the team in better sets and help them in close games. 

Lou really wasn't used the same way as he's been used in the past with this team. I like the move for the Clippers. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean you should know the type of impact Rondo can make in the playoffs. Beverly can't run the offense late in games or control the tempo like Rondo can. 

He will get the team in better sets and help them in close games. 

Lou really wasn't used the same way as he's been used in the past with this team. I like the move for the Clippers. 

I think they're going to miss Lou Williams' instant offense off the bench.  They've lost a LOT of bench scoring the last few seasons.  In the playoffs, Kawhi and PG13 are going to be handling the ball a lot more.  And you're assuming playoff Rondo shows up consistently.  He didn't even in the Lakers' championship run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think they're going to miss Lou Williams' instant offense off the bench.  They've lost a LOT of bench scoring the last few seasons.  In the playoffs, Kawhi and PG13 are going to be handling the ball a lot more.  And you're assuming playoff Rondo shows up consistently.  He didn't even in the Lakers' championship run.

Rondo came up huge in games 2 and 3 in the 4th quarters of the Rockets series. He swung the series to the Lakers favor as it was tight up until game 3. He had some big moments against the Nuggets and was good against the Heat early on.

When has Lou ever showed up consistently in the playoffs? Guys has always been terrible in the playoffs. His role was tweaked this year anyways and he was no longer the super bench scorer that he's always been. 

Clippers have enough offense, they just have terrible late game offense and no one to run the show. 

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Moving Lou Williams will allow Kennard to step into a bigger role off the bench. 

Another year of the Mavs being one of the worst organizations in the league.

So glad we had $50 mil in cap space this offseason to bring in ******* Willie Cauley-Stein, Trey Burke, Wesley Iwundu, and James Johnson. 4 guys who wouldn’t start for a high school team.

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That's what you get with Lebron, short term moves

Well...our roster is still shaking out from the entire AD affair - all the players / picks we gave up to get him - the short term contracts and such to fill the roster / fit the cap (ending up winning a ring, so not complaining....) and now LBJ & AD signed extensions - KCP, Kuz - so - we're a bit tight on cash and maneuverability. 

I'd rather not gut the roster to snag Lowry - but I dont see any way to get him w/o doing that.

CLE simply needs to buy out Drummond and he come to the LAL (note the second L....) to chase a ring, There. Done. Just make that happen and t'sall will be good   🤞

1 minute ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Another year of the Mavs being one of the worst organizations in the league.

So glad we had $50 mil in cap space this offseason to bring in ******* Willie Cauley-Stein, Trey Burke, Wesley Iwundu, and James Johnson. 4 guys who wouldn’t start for a high school team.

not even the worst organization in texas right now. 

Edited by Texansfan713

good move for clippers. Sure rondo was not consistent every game but when he did show up, he was impactful. pretty sure he did not wanna go to LAC last summer and they trade for him anyway. 

Clips bench lacks scoring now. Going need PG and Kawhi to help second unit

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

not even the worst organization in texas right now. 

No they’re definitely worse. Only one franchise can have Dirk for 20 years and give him trash for 75% of his career, the same is happening with Luka. Mark Cuban and Donnie Nelson are so bad at their jobs. They love mediocrity.