Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

On 4/3/2021 at 12:11 PM, WizeGuy said:

You should feel much better tomorrow. A few nurses I work with had similar experiences. Felt like **** for 12-24 hours, then felt much better. Although they were given the mRNA vaccines. 

Yep, I was really bad for about 12-18 hours, and now the next day I am 100% again. 

• Like 4

Checking in from the Uk.

we are starting to come out of a national lockdown.

great to see the numbers of vaccines being carried out over there.

Is there a timeline in the US to start the return to normality or is it state by state or is it a free for all?

16 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Is there a timeline in the US to start the return to normality or is it state by state or is it a free for all?

Kind of both of those things, it would appear lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Things are kind of normal in most of the country tbh.  Has been the case for a while but especially the last month or two, people are just done.

Just now, mission27 said:

270 deaths reported in the US yesterday.  That's the lowest number since March 23, 2020.

This is the stat I wanted to see. That's fantastic news but Sunday's (Monday reports) are usually down days aren't they? For some reason I recall a lot of lower reports coming out on Sunday (Monday reports)

• Like 1

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This is the stat I wanted to see. That's fantastic news but Sunday's (Monday reports) are usually down days aren't they? For some reason I recall a lot of lower reports coming out on Sunday (Monday reports)

They are and yesterday was Easter.  But on Easter 2020 there were 1771 deaths reported.  Substantial progress tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Not sure WTF is going on in Michigan either. Their numbers are the highest they've ever been right now. This another thing they suck at and not just college football?

It has to be variant related.  Concerning because you could see similar patterns repeat in other states.  Michigan is middle of the pack in vaccines administered per capita (25th) and COVID deaths per capita (21st) so it shouldn't be a lack of immunity.  But the good news is the surge has almost entirely been in younger people.  Cases remain low among parts of the population that are vaccinated. 

• Like 1

I take that back. Oddly enough the side effects kicked in horribly yesterday. My entire lower back, upper back, traps and triceps felt like I severely strained them. I took 6 motrin and put a heating pad on my back and got zero sleep last night. Quite possibly the most uncomfortable I've been ever, and I dislocated my ankle and didn't get it fixed until the next day because my mom couldn't afford the ER visit at the time when I was in high school. 

It literally felt like my muscles were detaching from my skeleton lol

Edited by MookieMonstah
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mission27 said:

They are and yesterday was Easter.  But on Easter 2020 there were 1771 deaths reported.  Substantial progress tbh.

Good call w/ the comparison. Sucks we're this deep into this where we can have those comparisons now but that's great news.