Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

12 minutes ago, mission27 said:

It has to be variant related.  Concerning because you could see similar patterns repeat in other states.  Michigan is middle of the pack in vaccines administered per capita (25th) and COVID deaths per capita (21st) so it shouldn't be a lack of immunity.  But the good news is the surge has almost entirely been in younger people.  Cases remain low among parts of the population that are vaccinated. 

I wasn't aware of the bold. That is great news. What site do you use to break down who's contracted it, which age group, and whatnot?

14 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

everyone's favorite retired and vaccinated global mod/Trevor Lawrence haver

He’s eight for 13 this year, against left-handers, in night games, played above the Mason Dixon Line

• Like 1

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I hope yours goes better than mine did haha

Yeah it sounds like you’re not doing great. Hope it clears up for you. 

I’m putting in extra effort to make sure I’m more than adequately hydrate today and am gonna try to get a good night’s sleep before all the symptoms potentially come. We’ll see.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Yeah it sounds like you’re not doing great. Hope it clears up for you. 

I’m putting in extra effort to make sure I’m more than adequately hydrate today and am gonna try to get a good night’s sleep before all the symptoms potentially come. We’ll see.

Pretty crazy because I actually feel fine today. Last night was the most uncomfortable/in pain I’ve been in a long time and I have no issues today. Crazy.

16 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I wish data like this was available for every state and the US in general.

Thanks for sharing this

Cases in nursing homes have plummeted as well. These vaccines are legit if they protect the most elderely and frail, so I assume it's the same for every state- vaccinated portions of the population are well protected and not driving spread while the younger population is becoming even more lax and causing spikes in areas. 

The northeast will be fine soon. Increased Vaccinated population+ seasonality will curb stomp this bastard. Texas has been enjoying some beautiful weather recently, which I believe has helped (along with the vaccination effort) to keep the virus in check. Hopefully, By the time the weather gets too hot in TX again and people mass gather indoors with AC blasting- theyll have a strong portion of their population protected via vaccination. They got reamed last year in June while the prevalence of the virus in the north east was non-existent. 

What's going to be interesting is what happens with children? They wont be getting the vaccine any time soon, so will they still need to wear masks? It's still recommended by the CDC, but if the prevalence of the virus is extremely low come summer time, do we really need kids to mask up all the time when theyre at extremely low risk for severe symptoms? 

We have these discussions about going back to normal, and Ive been saying around June for a while now, but Ive completely neglected what the regulations will be for kids at school. We may still see masks required in some states for grade school kids. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

😎

If true, put me firmly in the "completely open up by June 1" camp. Those who willfully choose not to have that right. Let's quit thinking about them and move on with our lives.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Cases in nursing homes have plummeted as well. These vaccines are legit if they protect the most elderely and frail, so I assume it's the same for every state- vaccinated portions of the population are well protected and not driving spread while the younger population is becoming even more lax and causing spikes in areas. 

The northeast will be fine soon. Increased Vaccinated population+ seasonality will curb stomp this bastard. Texas has been enjoying some beautiful weather recently, which I believe has helped (along with the vaccination effort) to keep the virus in check. Hopefully, By the time the weather gets too hot in TX again and people mass gather indoors with AC blasting- theyll have a strong portion of their population protected via vaccination. They got reamed last year in June while the prevalence of the virus in the north east was non-existent. 

What's going to be interesting is what happens with children? They wont be getting the vaccine any time soon, so will they still need to wear masks? It's still recommended by the CDC, but if the prevalence of the virus is extremely low come summer time, do we really need kids to mask up all the time when theyre at extremely low risk for severe symptoms? 

We have these discussions about going back to normal, and Ive been saying around June for a while now, but Ive completely neglected what the regulations will be for kids at school. We may still see masks required in some states for grade school kids. 

I had seen the stats for the older generation w/ first access to vaccines. I absolutely love it. I was actually able to spend some time w/ my 101 year old aunt and uncle the other day and while today is my 14 day mark from dose two (no extra arms, sad to report) I was still very cautious around them but this is something that would not have happened had it not been for modern day science. 

I really hope you're right w/ your second statement. As MWil just said, I'm in the "**** it, open everything up at June 1st" camp b/c of the reasons he stated and you seem to be on board w/ that as well. Everyone would've had access at that time and if they don't want it, nothing is going to change their mind so let everyone else moveon.org. I'm going to Florida in 12 days and I've been told they don't give two ****s down there so it will be my introduction back into "normal" lol. 

Your point about children is something I've personally never thought of but does warrant some consideration. I don't have kids so it would make sense as to why I never thought of it. I think that the potential of children becoming gravely ill as a result of this virus as so small that I don't feel that we will see masking for them but that is a personal opinion. I am sure that in-school educators of elementary school children had an awful year though. Children not wanting to comply, probably trading masks, throwing fits, etc..... man, I bet that was brutal.