Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

“I know I said I don’t trust my mechanic, but now it’s an emergency and need them to fix it.”

Thoroughly repugnant people to their core man. I can't imagine a worse way to die than a steady, weeks-long descent into suffocation, but I can still laugh at the Herman Cain awards and the like.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Is this a bad time to mention that 3,000 miles for an oil change is completely incorrect now? With modern oils, it’s between 5,000 and 7,500, and the general standard is now seen as 6,000.

Just tell me when they start killing of grandmas and the terminally ill at random, that’s when I will change my oil.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Is this a bad time to mention that 3,000 miles for an oil change is completely incorrect now? With modern oils, it’s between 5,000 and 7,500, and the general standard is now seen as 6,000.

I've got new sheets (not to brag) and am gonna start changing my oil less frequently. This thread is just full of useful tidbits.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Thoroughly repugnant people to their core man. I can't imagine a worse way to die than a steady, weeks-long descent into suffocation, but I can still laugh at the Herman Cain awards and the like.

I mean, after seeing multiple people die from ALS, and watching basically that exact same thing happen to them, I'm not sure what's going on at this point.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I've got new sheets (not to brag) and am gonna start changing my oil less frequently. This thread is just full of useful tidbits.

Admit it...you went the cotton route, didn't you? Go on...spill the beans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I felt the collective judgement, don't worry, so I followed your advice. $80 later and I'm sleeping on a cloud.

I'll never go back. It's fantastic. That said, I may try the hard sell to my wife on a king sized gravity blanket this fall/winter.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 7:47 AM, DontTazeMeBro said:

Why don’t people get antibody tests and base whether they get a booster on that? Always with the blanket policies.

So I get where you’re coming from. Why are we giving general policies to follow rather than basing care on a specific individual’s needs. And it’s a decently fair question on those grounds.

The reason for this is that 1. the vaccines are safe, and it won’t cause harm to give a third dose. 2. Antibody tests are expensive, require a technician to take the individuals blood, requires that the blood be tested in a laboratory testing and for the results to be sent back to the office and then the individual called. This would then need to be done for every single person who got the vaccine to decide who needs a booster and who doesn’t. 

It’s simply less resource intensive to give large general recommendations on care. The individuals won’t be harmed by the extra dose. The scale of people who are being recommended get another dose won’t limit supplies of doses. And the action to do so reduces resources needed when we’re in the middle of a pandemic and those resources — particularly the resource of individuals who’s re skilled to perform these tasks — are being stretched thin.

There’s actually mathematic models used for creating these recommendations that take into account resources needed, risk assessment, the relative percentage of a population that truly needs the additional care and other factors which go into this recommendation.

Let’s say, for example, I have a group of 100 people. I know based on studies that roughly 35 of them need the booster shot. I know that the other 65 if they receive the booster shot will be fine. I also know that among those other 65, some of them will need a booster somewhere between now and 6 months from now but I don’t know how many. Let’s say, for very simplistic state, that for every shot I give, it costs $1 and 1 man hours of work. And every antibody test I take, costs $2 and 2 man hours of work.

I can either give the shot to everyone and spend $100 and 100 man hours of work. Or I can spend $235, and 235 man hours of work just for the first wave. If I choose the second option, I also then need to in 6 months spend another $130 and 130 man hours to test the remaining 65 people again to see which of them now need to get a booster. I’ve now spent $365 and 365 hours of work doing the individual testing method. Either way, the entirety of the 100 people are treated in a way that is safe and effective for them, so it’s kinda easy to choose an option.

• Like 8

Department of Transportation and motor oil manufacturers speaking for all mechanics: A lot of engines are suddenly breaking down because of a new problem. Everyone needs to get this brand new oil. It’s a great oil and if you don’t get it you’re engine might break down.

Auto channel on YouTube: If you don’t get that new oil you’re engine will almost certainly break down and everyone else’s will too.

Pro oil: Holy **** that’s awful. Give me that oil.

Skeptics: This is all happening pretty fast. I’m gonna wait and learn more.

Pro oil: Get the oil trash! You’re too stupid to learn about this stuff on your own. Listen to the mechanics.

Mechanics:

Mercedes owner: I have a brand new Mercedes. Mostly people with older cars or people who didn’t take care of their cars are having engine failure.

Pro oil: You illiterate narcissistic privileged inbreeder. You’re going to make my engine fail.

Skeptics: But you got the oil.

Pro oil: well ummmmm. There are people with 97 Dodge Neons who can’t get the oil. You’re going to destroy their engines.

One mechanic: There’s actually an older oil I’ve been giving to my customers that’s had good results.

Auto channel on YouTube:^^^^^that mechanic is a white supremicist and an anonymous source says he throws puppies into wood chippers. That older oil is for tractors and if you put it in your car your transmission will fail too. There are mechanics being overrun by white supremicists who put that in their car.

Rest of mechanics: whatever the DOT says.

DOT: The only way we go back to normal is if you get the new oil.

Skeptics: Didn’t you say the problem would go away if people stayed off the road for two weeks? And then locked there cars in our garages for a year?

Pro oil: Their

[An auto reporter who was against the new oil dies]
Pro oil:😆🤣🍾🎉 

DOT: If 70% of people get the oil the problem will go away.

Auto channel on YouTube: If 70% of people get the oil the problem will go away.

Pro oil: If 70% of people get the oil the problem will go away.

Skeptics: In Israel 80% got the oil and it’s as bad as it’s ever been.

Pro oil: Ugh. These mouth breathing inbreeders don’t get it. They have no empathy or reading comprehension skills and are incapable of critical thinking. They just keep pushing debunked conspiracy theories……..privilege…….gaslighting. We need mandates!

DOT: We are now requiring all DOT employees to get the new oil.

Auto channel on YouTube: What a strong and bold move by the new DOT administration!

Really though. Antibody tests cost too much would have been sufficient.

Edited by DontTazeMeBro