Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

11 minutes ago, TVScout said:

The pandemic could be over in a year, according to the CEO of Moderna, Stéphane Bancel, who told a Swiss newspaper that there should be enough vaccines for “everyone on this earth” by “the middle of next year,” while the unvaccinated would largely acquire natural immunity “because the delta variant is so contagious.”

I mean, I really, really, really hope but I feel like I've read this chapter a couple times already. Variants that are emerging that are vaccine resistant are the most concerning parts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I mean, I really, really, really hope but I feel like I've read this chapter a couple times already. Variants that are emerging that are vaccine resistant are the most concerning parts.

The world is behind the power curve on vaccine distribution. I share your concerns over variants. I’ve stopped reading about the variants for now. My wilful ignorance helps my mood. 😎

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I’m well beyond getting my hopes up on this being a thing of the past anytime soon.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TVScout said:

The pandemic could be over in a year, according to the CEO of Moderna, Stéphane Bancel, who told a Swiss newspaper that there should be enough vaccines for “everyone on this earth” by “the middle of next year,” while the unvaccinated would largely acquire natural immunity “because the delta variant is so contagious.”

At the rate the unvaccinated are getting COVID, its more likely they will mostly be dead in a year. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m well beyond getting my hopes up on this being a thing of the past anytime soon.

Me at lunch the other day:

*Coworker: The last 18 months has been eye opening on a societal level

Me: *Straight faced and stoic* Yeah well, thankfully I've never had any faith in humanity whatsoever, so none of this is a surprise at all to me

*Entire teacher's lounge lunchroom erupts into laughter*

Me: ...Yep...

Everyone else: *Starts murmuring and rethinking everything about their life philosophy*

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Me: *Straight faced and stoic* Yeah well, thankfully I've never had any faith in humanity whatsoever, so none of this is a surprise at all to me

Everyone else: *Starts murmuring and rethinking everything about their life philosophy*

“Haha, yep, just a joke guys.  Totally don’t think we’re surrounded by complete morons.”

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

“Haha, yep, just a joke guys.  Totally don’t think we’re surrounded by complete morons.”

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

"Yep, people naturally think of the health and well being of other people instead of their own self serving interests. They don't have to be taught that at all. My children, as a matter of fact, came out of the womb innately thinking of everyone else and I actually had to teach them how to be selfish, manipulative, and think only of themselves."

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

"Statistically, too many of you are laughing"

• Like 4