Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I still do have concerns about the unforeseen in general. The vaccine while it does leave your system the positive beneficial effects still persist with your body for some currently uncertain time period, could there potentially be negative ones as well?

Every bacteria/virus that you come in contact with educates your immune system so its ready if/when they come back. We are all attacked all day, everyday from all sides. We live in a filthy world, but each one of them educates us with stronger/smarter/ better immune system.

So that education persists, but I am not aware of any instances where being immune to a virus/bacteria now caused some bad effect later. Remember - all of the action in fighting the COVID virus is YOUR IMMUNE system. The only thing the vaccine does is give it the crib notes and leave.

So again , these seem like irrational fears- and its not a surprise. Most haven't spent years doing this for a living and when they read stuff on the internet, they don't have the context and background to decide if its legit or not. If I got involved in a discussion about IT/computers/phones- I am completely lost and the jargon is meaningless to me. Fortunately I don't have to make health decisions based on my IT skills.

Its good to be skeptical and there's always a chance for some unseen or unknown thing to occur. But if you knew more about this, you'd change your risk/reward equation and get vaccinated. You appear to be clinging to a worry that represents a 0.00000000000001 % chance of a problem over a 10 % chance you'd die if infected. Those odds aren't in the same solar system - but you're giving them equal weight.

One more comment on Safety side: the pharma companies, FDA and CDC all know how high the stakes are- ANY mis-steps will be pilloried by the media and ruin vaccines forever. They did not take any chances with these, they doubled the safety margins and have 1-800 numbers to call for ANY issues. So by law, these issues have to be reported, reviewed and addressed by an independent board. You take much greater risks every single day of your life and never give it a 2nd thought. Good Luck

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

If you want to PM me, by all means. Not a fan of debating with 8 people at a time, all who have the same viewpoint quoting me about how stupid I am because I think I have the right to refuse a rushed politicized vaccine.

Not rushed. Also only politicized by people who choose to be unvaccinated.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Its good to be skeptical and there's always a chance for some unseen or unknown thing to occur. But if you knew more about this, you'd change your risk/reward equation and get vaccinated. You appear to be clinging to a worry that represents a 0.00000000000001 % chance of a problem over a 10 % chance you'd die if infected. Those odds aren't in the same solar system - but you're giving them equal weight.

Very well said

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, I guess I must be the only person who has 3 acquaintances and/or friends who have died from Covid under the age of 45 in the last 4 weeks. I’m not sure what data people are looking at, let alone how so many don’t have some sort of personal experience here.

One distant family member and two acquaintances for me.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Getting jabbed tomorrow thx to people in this thread educating me I remember your names really appreciate that 

Honestly this should give you a free pass to keep posting **** posts as much as you want. 

You literally by taking a freaking harmless vaccine that somehow got poo pooed by stupid people could save human lives. Some people that look for a badge of honor their whole lives have an easy gimmy right before them. A simple yet effective jab in your damn arm. And yet that jab can LITERALLY save lives. 

Edit: I thought this post was slightly hyperbolic, but it’s not. You can literally save lives. Quit thinking so much about yourself. Like think of that little girl that lost her mother of Covid. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, I guess I must be the only person who has 3 acquaintances and/or friends who have died from Covid under the age of 45 in the last 4 weeks. I’m not sure what data people are looking at, let alone how so many don’t have some sort of personal experience here.

some of the people regularly posting here already know this so apologies for repeating myself, but i think it's worth sharing to illustrate another angle of how important it is to get vaccinated. a few months ago my great-uncle started having heart palpitations and rushed to the hospital. the ER was so full of covid patients that they wouldn't let him in. he died on the way to another hospital.

so when someone says something like, "why do i have to get vaccinated if i'm in good health?" that's why. my great-uncle lived in a country that didn't have great vaccine access at the time, so most of the people in the ER with covid didn't have that option. everyone in america has the vaccine available to them and we're still overloading hospitals, creating countless more situations like his. it's maddening. your choices go beyond you. this is a public health emergency, not an individual health emergency, and that means you have to act with the interests of all of us in mind.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah this thing is hilarious until you know of someone who died. I personally know of 5 people who have died of Covid. But on a larger scale with my affiliations I’m privy of so much more. 

Why can’t you morons just pretend for a moment that this is just mere blip called polio?  That sure enough endangered mankind and lo and behold people took it seriously. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah this thing is hilarious until you know of someone who died. I personally know of 5 people who have died of Covid. But on a larger scale with my affiliations I’m privy of so much more. 

Why can’t you morons just pretend for a moment that this is just mere blip called polio?  That sure enough endangered mankind and lo and behold people took it seriously. 

I told a “friend” that  I knew people who died from Covid to help her understand the seriousness of the situation. You know what she told me? She didn’t know anyone who died from Covid, but she knew at least 8 people who died from taking the vaccine……….It was at that moment that I realized that I had too many friends in my life and needed to cut some out now. Kind of like the Marie Kondo method. Does he/she bring you joy? No? Then out you go.

Happy Marie Kondo GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 3

Just now, Xenos said:

I told a “friend” that  I knew people who died from Covid to help her understand the seriousness of the situation. You know what she told me? She didn’t know anyone who died from Covid, but she knew at least 8 people who died from taking the vaccine……….It was at that moment that I realized that I had too many friends in my life and needed to cut some out now. Kind of like the Marie Kondo method. Does he/she bring you joy? No? Then out you go.

Happy Marie Kondo GIF by NETFLIX

Yeah life’s too short to argue nonsense with idiots.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's an excerpt of that converstion

Anti-vaxxer:
What about the long term effects !!!
horrible side effects !!!
Its not even a full approval !
My science says its really gene therapy !!!
Bill Gates is putting chips in your cranium !!!
It will make you sterile !!
COVID is a HOAX !!!

Reality:   " Here's some cash"

Antivaxxer:

OK, sign me up !

My only issue with this is that I couldn't get any of the cash. :(

• Like 3