Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Pharmaceutical companies Moderna and Johnson & Johnson on Tuesday reiterated their requests for booster doses of their coronavirus vaccines in briefing documents filed with the Food and Drug Administration.

Moderna recommended a booster for older adults, high-risk adults and people whose jobs heighten their chances of exposure. The company said the booster, to be given at least six months after completing Moderna’s initial two-dose regimen, is particularly meant to prevent vaccinated people from experiencing breakthrough infections from the delta variant.

Johnson & Johnson recommended a booster dose for adults to be given at least six months after the company’s initial shot, although it said the booster could be given as soon as two months later. The booster is intended to increase protection against current and future variants, Johnson & Johnson said.

20 hours ago, Xenos said:

It’s setting up the legal claims for when the OSHA regulation takes effect.  Seems destined to be a loser, but then again, I thought the “this law would be unconstitutional for us to enforce it, so we just created standing for private enforcement of it” was a losing argument too.  Texas is just wild.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Co-worker with both Moderna shots just died of covid. She was overweight with diabetes and was 62 so I think that has a lot to do with it.

I also love how the CDC changed their definition of vaccine to not include immunity.

Yeah I think you’re misunderstanding how vaccines work with statements like this one. You get immunity with the Covid vaccine as well. But like anything in life, there’s no 100% protection especially when there’s still so many people still unvaccinated.

Edited by Xenos

Looks like it’s a no on Moderna boosters. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

https://news.yahoo.com/moderna-seeks-covid-19-vaccine-130758511.html

Scientists at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Tuesday that Moderna Inc had not met all of the agency's criteria to support use of booster doses of its COVID-19 vaccine, possibly because the efficacy of the shot's first two doses has remained strong. 

FDA staff said in documents that data for Moderna's vaccine showed that a booster does increase protective antibodies, but the difference in antibody levels before and after the shot was not wide enough, particularly in those whose levels had remained high. 

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Yeah I think you’re misunderstanding how vaccines work with statements like this one. You get immunity with the Covid vaccine as well. But like anything in life, there’s no 100% protection especially when there’s still so many people still unvaccinated.

Not denying it being 100% bulletproof. I was moreso saying that if your comorbidities are bad enough, it's obviously not as effective.