the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

Overpaid king a little, but its not the vomit inducing 10-12 number that some in here insisted that he would command.  Not the biggest fan of having King back, but at least the value is good.  Still need to take his replacement in the draft early.  We cant count on him as a number two, no way.

13 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Overpaid king a little, but its not the vomit inducing 10-12 number that some in here insisted that he would command.  Not the biggest fan of having King back, but at least the value is good.  Still need to take his replacement in the draft early.  We cant count on him as a number two, no way.

We don't know the contract details and have no way of knowing if it's an overpay or underpay yet.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I wonder what Geno Atkins would cost to get?  Came across the stat that Atkins has more pressures, 590, amongst all DL players since 2010, beating out even Aaron Donald.

How's he doing in the last 2 or 3?

• Like 1

Seattle have just signed DL Kerry Hyder and Benson Mayowa and that has probably closed the door on a Carlos Dunlap return which gives me hope.

Seattle fans were saying before Dunlap signed for them the defence was leaky and after he joined the defence got much much better. Sounds like he still got some left in his tank. He's still only 32.

He would certainly be an upgrade over Montravius Adams so in that sense our depth would actually be improved despite getting older.

14 minutes ago, Chili said:

Seattle have just signed DL Kerry Hyder and Benson Mayowa and that has probably closed the door on a Carlos Dunlap return which gives me hope.

Seattle fans were saying before Dunlap signed for them the defence was leaky and after he joined the defence got much much better. Sounds like he still got some left in his tank. He's still only 32.

He would certainly be an upgrade over Montravius Adams so in that sense our depth would actually be improved despite getting older.

He made a difference for them.  It also happened to coincide with Adams getting healthy but they went from almost no pass rush, to those two guys getting pressures and sacks.  I don't know how the old veteran would work in our system, I don't even really know what our system is, but if a guy like that is on the scrap heap- I'm all for a low cost/risk signing.

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I wonder what Geno Atkins would cost to get?

Came across the stat that Atkins has more pressures, 590, amongst all DL players since 2010, beating out even Aaron Donald.

Aaron Donald has only been in the league since 2014.  Atkins has played since 2010, and has 51 more games played.