Raiders release C Rodney Hudson

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

SCENARIO: Someone offers you $100,000, but you have to root for the Raiders or Texans for the next 5 years. Who you rooting for?

So either way I’ll get to have my new favorite team pick a qb first overall and make $100,000? Yes to both. 

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Is it true he fell of a little this year in his older age?

It's hard to place any blame specifically on Hudson, but the OL wasn't great this year. The Raiders OL as a whole was paid VERY well, but the performances didn't match the contracts.

Does that mean you should rip the whole thing up and start again? Probably not.

I will sum it up for everyone.  Gruden has the biggest ego in the NFL and tries to look like the smartest man in the room.  Cable follows Gruden around like a little puppy dog so Gruden listens to him.  Mayock and  Davis have no heart and will not stand up to Gruden.  The only reason Carr has survived is he has taken notes from Cable.  Hudson was probably released because he stood up to Cable and/or Gruden.  There was not financial or football gain to this move.  Andre James is a decent to good center that is cheap.  If there was zero dead money to Hudson's contract then you can make an argument for this.  Worst move I have seen in a long time.  Almost as bad as drafting a 3rd rounder you cut before camp or trading for diva WR you cut before camp.  I would say I hate my team but right I hate Gruden and Cable.

• Like 1