FFMD21 WFT War Room - Draft Starts 3/29

MKnight82

At 4 I’d more then likely take Sewell. But in reality we’re taking Fields. If we’re picking here let’s be realistic we didn’t trade into the top 5 for a LT. I’m assuming the one avalible is Fields. I’d take him. If it’s between Fields and Lance it’s a coin flip. Fields right now is the safer pick. But Lance has a crazy ceiling. But we’ve done the one year starter thing and the skill set is very similar I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’d go Fields over Lance!!! The way he finished this year I’m going with my gut and Fields gets the edge for the heart he showed me.

16 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

At 4 I’d more then likely take Sewell. But in reality we’re taking Fields. If we’re picking here let’s be realistic we didn’t trade into the top 5 for a LT. I’m assuming the one avalible is Fields. I’d take him. If it’s between Fields and Lance it’s a coin flip. Fields right now is the safer pick. But Lance has a crazy ceiling. But we’ve done the one year starter thing and the skill set is very similar I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’d go Fields over Lance!!! The way he finished this year I’m going with my gut and Fields gets the edge for the heart he showed me.

I talked to the other GMs and I'm 99% certain the picks will be: Lawrence, Wilson, Fields. The debate will be taking Lance or someone else.

Also I talked to the Broncos they are not interested in moving up, haven't heard from the Panthers. 

• Like 1

@LoganF89 @MikeT14 @Woz @Thaiphoon @naptownskinsfan @Skinsin2013 @offbyone @taylor made @ARTMONK HOF @ovfd55 @Slappy Mc @ripsean21  

They actually started the draft a little early.  We aren't required to pick until tomorrow but the Jags and Jets have already made their selections. 

Lawrence and Wilson are gone.  The 49ers have told me they are taking Fields.

Also the 49ers have contacted us asking if we want to trade up for Fields?  I told them no based off of what most of you have said but let me know if you think otherwise. 

We need to get a discussion going ASAP about who we are taking at 4 because we're going to be OTC faster than we know it. 

I haven't received any legitimate trade down options. 

I think the consensus I've seen is just to take Trey Lance?  Unless there's a huge shift to someone else I'm thinking that's the pick.  

Edited by MKnight82

Assuming Wilson goes at #2 (or #3), I’m not in love with any of the options. But if we’re at 4, as much as I love Sewell (and Chase and Smith), I just don’t see how we can pass up a blue chip QB talent again. 

To me, Fields and Lance are very similar. In play style, ability, and issues, to some degree, but what I really mean is in terms of the overall value and risk profile. Both of these guys have the big upside associated with very athletic QBs with good arms and the ability to run and some flashes of incredible passing skills. But they’ve also both got big, potentially fatal, issues. Fields is awful under pressure and has had the benefit of a situation that lets him off the hook for mediocre processing.

Lance is in the same of situation, and I think he has faster eyes, but the accuracy problems are real with him. You’re definitely hoping to win on the same lottery ticket that Buffalo won on with Allen — super athlete with extraordinary ceiling who played in college with limited players around him and somehow overcame terrifying accuracy issues.

If Fields is going 3, as I just read in an updated reply, we probably should discuss Mac Jones too. Which I realize is not much fun, but the issues with Lance are significant enough that maybe we should consider the “floor vs ceiling” debate.

• Like 1

So it sounds like we're at either 

Trey Lance and keeping a 3rd
Or 
Sewell and Darnold

Reason I'd lean Lance is the control of QB with Lance we'd have 5 years of control with Darnold we'd have 2 where 2nd year is fully guarnteed,And Darnold would be due a new Contract at same time as Terry and Payne which I don't think would be good for us

• Like 1

Haven't checked this in a while...

Did we trade up to 4? (In this fantasy draft game)

If we did & the picks are looking to be Lawrence, Wilson & Fields?

You have to take Sewell, but imo.

He's a top 5 pick & the best tackle in the draft.

Please tell me Lance is NOT being considered here.

And if by some chance we aren't taking Sewell. Then imo, you go with Devonta Smith or Kyle Pitts.

I'm not sure Lance is worthy of a 1st Rd pick, personally. Too raw