Chiefs acquire OT Orlando Brown Jr. from Ravens for picks (incl. 2021 1st rounder)

Apparition

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm surprised they couldn't get more for him still. Dude has made Pro Bowls (I know) at both RT and LT, while being extremely young and a rising star. Sure he's going to demand a massive contract next year but a proven borderline elite talent at LT is worth it.

He played in a super run heavy scheme and in pass pro his pressure rate was largely just solid.

He's very solid, but...

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Seems to value (on quick math) Brown at a mid to late 2nd rounder, so all in all okay

That's if you're using the Jimmy Johnson trade chart. With both of these FO's being more analytically minded, the better value chart to look at is probably the Harvard one. When I cut out the 2022 5th/6th swap the Harvard chart says they were valuing Brown as about the 20th pick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Knowing the Ravens and how they like to be positioned, they probably prefer the 3rd and 4th over the 2nd.

Decosta will still be wheeling and dealing on draft day. Wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens get back into the second round.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Surprised some KC fans aren't stoked. I'd be happy to give up #45 for Brown any day of the week.

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

That's a great pickup with what you gave up and got back. 

It has more to do with our cap situation and what's going to have to happen to pay him long term..   We don't need another player that needs paid top 5 at his position,   we need depth.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

My first impression is that I'm not happy with this. Our team is way too top heavy in contracts and now we're gonna have to pay Brown too.

Maybe I'll feel different after I think about it some more, but I really don't like it tbh.

Cap space vs protecting the most valuable asset in the sport for a decade.....

You don't hear a single Ravens' fan saying the Chiefs messed up do you?

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

It has more to do with our cap situation and what's going to have to happen to pay him long term..   We don't need another player that needs paid top 5 at his position,   we need depth.

You need to keep Mahomes healthy more than you need depth.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Gross? Y'all just fleeced us for a 2nd rounder and one of the best young OT's you can possibly get.

Fleeced?? We wen't from 7 picks to 9 and gave more ammo to move around to Decosta. I'm thrilled with the return, bring in some good young talent on cheap contracts and build through the draft. This is what the Ravens do.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

But I was told that they would easily be able to get #25 and #33 overall for just him and that a certain Ravens fan would quit being a fan of the team if they didn’t get that value. 

I'm waiting for the backtrack in 3, 2, 1...

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

It has more to do with our cap situation and what's going to have to happen to pay him long term..   We don't need another player that needs paid top 5 at his position,   we need depth

True and fair, but you gotta go all in before that Patty contract + all the money you keep kicking back has to be paid. Betting your odds to win another SB soon >>> needing depth in a few years.