The Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread!

HolmesPriest

Something else. Obviously there are going to be happy campers and salty scrubs with whomever their team picked in the draft on day 1. Always is every year. That being said, at least with the 49ers, I've noticed a lot of fans (not just here) now have an axe to grind with members of the media since the selection of Mac Jones turned out to be inaccurate. it really is a bizarre odyssey that is still in progress. I guess for me it's weird witnessing a mob of fans spitting venom on the reporters, yet these same people chose to buy into their predictions in the first place, when common sense should tell most people that there is nothing that solidifies that the scribes know anything for certain, if at all. Yet people still punched their ticket for the sideshow. Now I'm not trying to stand on some moral high ground, since I've done the same in the past. However, perhaps there is a quote we should all tattoo to our forehead just for draft day. 

Our Name 469BCe.com Business Coaching & Personal development

Enjoy the rest of the draft. I hope we take a corner next. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

12 hours ago, drew39k said:

Now for the jags to somehow take 10 minutes to select trevor lawrence. 

The league is responsible for that.  I just watched a video of when the Jags called Trevor to let him know they were picking him and their GM told him that the league instructed them to wait until the 8-minute mark before turning in the pick.

3 minutes ago, Nut said:

Why GB took a DB instead of a WR:

Rodgers just won MVP and had his best season in years, why would they need to reach for a WR?

I'm not sure why so many people make a big issue of the fact that Green Bay hasn't drafted a WR in the first for Rodgers.  Their track record with receivers in the 2nd round and later has been pretty good for a long time.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm not sure why so many people make a big issue of the fact that Green Bay hasn't drafted a WR in the first for Rodgers.  Their track record with receivers in the 2nd round and later has been pretty good for a long time.

If they didn’t have Adams I could understand 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The league is responsible for that.  I just watched a video of when the Jags called Trevor to let him know they were picking him and their GM told him that the league instructed them to wait until the 8-minute mark before turning in the pick.

Not surprised. All about that add revenue

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Probably not a guy that contributes right away, but I could be wrong. 

Given Kevin King's injury history, he'll be probably be pressed into duty sooner rather than later.  Right now, Jaire Alexander and Kevin King are our boundary corners.  Chandon Sullivan is probably our "star" until the Packers find someone better.  Maybe on Day 2 or early Day 3.

• Like 1