Pick 1 (10th OVR)- DeVonta Smith, WR

Kiltman

17 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

After all this time at how good is Gmen at twisting everything into a good thing for the Giants. He even managed to turn the ¨Miracle at the New Meadowlands¨ into something good for them. 

I wonder who will dislike something about his team firts Gmen or Matts. 

I bring receipts from January.  I've been skeptical of Devonta Smith from day 1.

The salt is strong with this one. I just don't see how he can be so durable and productive in the SEC over multiple seasons, now all of a sudden there's some huge concern about it. Screams bitterness to me but hey what do I know. When something doesn't sound like it makes sense, it's probably because it doesn't. Personally I'm freaking ecstatic about having Smith and Reagor spear-heading our WR corps for many years to come. Giants fans just mad about taking Tavon Austin 2.0 and trusting Jason freaking Garrett to scheme touches for him.

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The salt is strong with this one. I just don't see how he can be so durable and productive in the SEC over multiple seasons, now all of a sudden there's some huge concern about it. Screams bitterness to me but hey what do I know. When something doesn't sound like it makes sense, it's probably because it doesn't. Personally I'm freaking ecstatic about having Smith and Reagor spear-heading our WR corps for many years to come. Giants fans just mad about taking Tavon Austin 2.0 and trusting Jason freaking Garrett to scheme touches for him.

You had me up until the point where you compared Tavon Austin and Kadarius Toney. 

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Could've been Justin Jefferson.  Just sayin

5 hours ago, Gmen said:

Kadarius Toney + the Bears 2022 1st round pick + plus change

>>>

Devonta Smith

On behalf of Giants fans, a sincere thank you.  The Giants got tremendous value for that #11 pick and I’m absolutely delighted 

But you still have Danny Fumbles! 

Just now, RBreezy said:

But you still have Danny Fumbles! 

It's true. 

And you still have the 37th most accurate passer out of 41 qualifiers according to Next Gen Stats CPOE. 

So, I guess both of our teams have question marks at QB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gmen said:

It's true. 

And you still have the 37th most accurate passer out of 41 qualifiers according to Next Gen Stats CPOE. 

So, I guess both of our teams have question marks at QB.

I really don’t think anyone on this forum is gunna go to battle for Hurts. We hated the pick last year, the kid is gunna get his shot though. We will see what happens. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Okay guys, I admittedly don't watch a whole lot of college football. I understand the dude racked up crazy stats and won the Heisman. So, I'm going strictly off youtube highlights here. It appears to me that 80% of the balls he caught were absurdly wide open and/or screens with great blocking. What plays are jumping out that make you say "OMG this kid is different"? Because I'm not seeing it.

This. This is what makes me love him. The separation he gets is insane, a combination of his excellent fluidity and speed to go along with his great technical skills as a route runner.

I am so impressed, Eagles FINALLY played the draft perfectly.

Traded back from the 6th pick because they knew Chase would be gone and picked up a first rounder.

Trade up from 12th to 10th because they knew the Giants would take Smith at 11th spot.

So smart. Love the pick, Smith is a dawg. No injuries concerns for me since our entire team is always injured anyways, just happy we drafted a baller this year. Hes got a bit of Calvin Ridley in him and I love Calvin Ridley. He also takes his game after Keenan Allen - what a smart kid. Love WRs that come out of college with polished route running skills, much easier transition to the NFL. I feel confident that this makes our offense young, athletic & dynamic - compared to slow, injury prone and washed up.

Hurts + Smitthy ;) + Sanders + Goedert + Reagor 

vs

Wentz + Alshon + Ertz + Jay Ajayi (& Howard) + Torrey Smith