Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Former Jets GM, Mike Tannenbaum, has stated a few times that the Packers should void Rodgers final two years of his deal in exchange for him playing for GB this season.  The Packers could then franchise tag Rodgers next year and get some compensations via trade.  I don't know that the packers can afford to tag him next year with their cap situation.  I think the best bet would be for the Packers to hardline Aaron and make him stay under his current deal.  Does voiding his final two years actually help the Packers.  I'd have to get player and/or picks for Rodgers .. no way I'd let him go somewhere else for free.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'm with you.  Possibly the most overrated comedy since Napoleon Dynamite.

You and I disagree yet again! 

So I like all three , The Office, Seinfeld and Curb a ton. My top 5 comedies ( non animated )

1. Impractical Jokers 

2. Seinfeld 

3. Curb

4. The Office 

5. King of Queens 

Edited by Rainmaker90

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I hope we do void his final two years. If the Packers were to do something so monumentally brain dead, I really would be able to quit football.

If you quit football, what would you do with all that extra time?

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Former Jets GM, Mike Tannenbaum, has stated a few times that the Packers should void Rodgers final two years of his deal in exchange for him playing for GB this season.  The Packers could then franchise tag Rodgers next year and get some compensations via trade.  I don't know that the packers can afford to tag him next year with their cap situation.  I think the best bet would be for the Packers to hardline Aaron and make him stay under his current deal.  Does voiding his final two years actually help the Packers.  I'd have to get player and/or picks for Rodgers .. no way I'd let him go somewhere else for free.

Anybody taking advice from Tannenbaum will be unemployed as a GM like he is. HE was awful as a GM! Heck no you don't void the final two years. If you are going to do that you trade his arse this season, like NOW! 

I'm sick of the whole thing, I'm definitely in the trade him now category! 

McAfee says that Rodgers texted him to say that the cleaner doing his house and the golf renewal stories are bogus. Why would he tell Pat that???? Is Rodgers really trying to distance himself that much from the Packers to ensure any ray of hope stories that he is coming back are extinguished? Or is he just trying to create that invisible leverage.

I'm betting his wife to be has really messed with his head.