Gutey or Rodgers?

VonKarman

Gutey or Rodgers?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on?

I guess to clarify, I want them to work it out like adults and come to a compromise that works for both parties.  Which, I think they will. However, if they cannot I am a Packers fan first. I think this fan base learned a lot in the Favre exit. I feel like that has made this a bit easier to digest. I still think the best thing for this team is a Rodger extension and the two parties to work it out.

Could Gute have communicated better with Rodgers prior to the trade up for Love? This assumes that there was time to do so and that Gute somehow knew beforehand that Love would still be the last player on their board from their higher tier. Yes, player relations are important. But in this case, if Rodgers was miffed he wasn't notified ahead of time, then it could be asked if every teammate needs to be contacted prior to drafting a player at their position. Or does that only apply to Rodgers because he is an MVP and thus somehow is more special  and gets special privileges and psychological pampering that his teammates do not get? 

I get it. If it had been possible, it would've been a nice gesture to communicate with Rodgers before the Love pick. But to say it was necessary is bull. 

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 4

All you guys saying “team first” and Gutey over Rodgers, are you okay with being a perennial non playoff team? Because that’s a real possibility if we don’t fix this and we lose Rodgers.

It doesn’t matter how much talent we have on the roster if we don’t field a good QB. And I for one would rather watch a good product than a bad product.

Look at Cleveland post James or Chicago post Jordan or Van Halen post Roth or even New England post Brady. I don’t give a damn about Gute, football is entertainment to me, so make them two grown *** men fix the situation and keep the band together. 

• Like 2

Rodney typical idiot.  Well let's see the team was in shambles.  Gute instantly turned it around and produced 2 13-3 seasons.  Key FA signings and has had two very good drafts.  Gute is a fine GM and you don't let a player dictate terms to the FO.  Don't care if it's Aaron Rodgers.  Fan base is loyal to the Packers not to Aaron as Farve found out. Well judging by the poll in this forum it's 90% Gute.  

Edited by Scoremore
  • Like 3