2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

Trade Maye as soon as he is healthy. Scrap the dead weight and idc who we overpay at this point bring in some bodies that can help us win and draft and develop the rest. I hope we draft #1 overall and can somehow trade the pick for extra picks and futures. At some point we have to hit on some guys. Maybe his first draft sucked but there’s no way Joe Douglas is this bad. I simply can’t believe that yet. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

Trade Maye as soon as he is healthy. Scrap the dead weight and idc who we overpay at this point bring in some bodies that can help us win and draft and develop the rest. I hope we draft #1 overall and can somehow trade the pick for extra picks and futures. At some point we have to hit on some guys. Maybe his first draft sucked but there’s no way Joe Douglas is this bad. I simply can’t believe that yet. 

After six straight losing season, the future is now, I am tired of one horrible season after another. We are at the point now that we are not even competitive, we are out of games half way thru the second quarter. We had all those high draft last year and this years draft and not one of those drafted players is playing at a high level. Becton had his moments last year, this year he did not look good even before his injury.  

7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

After six straight losing season, the future is now, I am tired of one horrible season after another. We are at the point now that we are not even competitive, we are out of games half way thru the second quarter. We had all those high draft last year and this years draft and not one of those drafted players is playing at a high level. Becton had his moments last year, this year he did not look good even before his injury.  

Yeah I agree with ya man but we have to start signing and drafting better players and also start developing the ones we do draft. 

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm a little worried about our secondary with Maye being out. 

Ya the safety duo these next few weeks is rough. The defense has been the only bright spot for us. And I expect that to change this week. Bc quite frankly I think we’ve gotten more lucky than are actually good. NE didn’t want to throw. And DEN didn’t have to. TEN doesn’t have to either. So we might not get too exposed. But I think the secondary will start getting more and more exposed as the season goes on. Which is expected. The offense needs to keep them off the field and actually score points. We haven’t scored in 8 quarters let’s not forget.

• Like 1

I'm so tired of trading away good players for cap and draft picks. Stop the BS. I don't care who it is and how old they are. If they are a good player YOU KEEP THEM PERIOD!!! Maye should be on this team for the next 3 years. Sign him to a 3 year 33 mill contract and move on. You have to keep your good guys to show FA people that we WANT good football players. There is no REBUILD. The Jets have tried this for years. I want a team that can be in the game during the 4th. I want a team that has 8 wins.  

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya the safety duo these next few weeks is rough. The defense has been the only bright spot for us. And I expect that to change this week. Bc quite frankly I think we’ve gotten more lucky than are actually good. NE didn’t want to throw. And DEN didn’t have to. TEN doesn’t have to either. So we might not get too exposed. But I think the secondary will start getting more and more exposed as the season goes on. Which is expected. The offense needs to keep them off the field and actually score points. We haven’t scored in 8 quarters let’s not forget.

I think the scheme on defense has been saving us along with teams not having to throw. I give props to the scheme because the players are in position to make the plays, they just lack the talent. I expect things to get worse, but finish strong with some of the young guys. 

Offense, I need to see better play designs. Wilson had a bad game against the Pats, but I expect him to have a couple more. He's a 1 good season kid from BYU , he wasn't going to walk out and be great. The Denver game was all coaching. No one knew where they needed to be. Unless they change that, I'm not sure how the offense will finish. 

35 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm so tired of trading away good players for cap and draft picks. Stop the BS. I don't care who it is and how old they are. If they are a good player YOU KEEP THEM PERIOD!!! Maye should be on this team for the next 3 years. Sign him to a 3 year 33 mill contract and move on. You have to keep your good guys to show FA people that we WANT good football players. There is no REBUILD. The Jets have tried this for years. I want a team that can be in the game during the 4th. I want a team that has 8 wins.  

I agree with you 100%, but the problem is that if we don't sign him before the trade deadline, there is a good chance he walks for free. I say trade him for a pick, then use some of the picks for a trade or two. Overall, I hate creating new holes on the roster and tanking, so I understand. I'm only giving this a pass because I don't want someone like Maye to walk for free if we can't resign him. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

You got no argument from me, look at Leo Williams, he under preformed for us went to the Giants and made all pro with them and is an anchor on their D line. Bell is another case the last year he was with the Steelers he ran for 1300 yards and had another 655 years in pass receptions, with us he only averaged 2.3  YPC. When he came to the Jets he was only 27 years old. I also agree with you on REBUILT, we have been doing that for six years. Look at Bridgewater, and Darnold, did very little with us but now they are doing 100% better than they were with us. Look I am just as guilty as the people on this board i thought Bell, was going to be a big star with us how wrong was I. J Adams the only draft pick we had that was a star, we got rid of him for two number 1 draft picks, sounds great on paper so far all we got was a rookie guard who look horrible in his first game. And can't wait to see how we **** ** next year first round pick from the Seahawks. I don't even wat to get into the Mims thing because I don't understand it

Coming to the Jets whether you are drafted or a FA pick up it will be a career ending move.

CC to Trust fund kids

Edited by doumeyer

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I could be wrong, but didn't JD offer about what you suggested and he turned it down?  IIRC, he wanted close to top S money ($15M/yr.?).  If that is the case, we need to let him go.  If he was two years younger, then absolutely.

As for getting rid of our good players, I agree with you.  I think, too, that getting rid of our "good" players is amplified on this team because we have so few.  If we had like 8 good players, no one would bat an eye at losing one.

One last piece.  It also seems like we lose more good players who may not have played well for us but have gone on to other teams an did good.  Leo and Sam come to mind.  This is all on the coaching staffs we have had.  They do not seem able to coach up players or put them in positions to succeed.  I expect Mims will be the next one.  I have hope for Ulbrich and his D position coaches, but I have little faith right now on O.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I could be wrong, but didn't JD offer about what you suggested and he turned it down?  IIRC, he wanted close to top S money ($15M/yr.?).  If that is the case, we need to let him go.  If he was two years younger, then absolutely.

As for getting rid of our good players, I agree with you.  I think, too, that getting rid of our "good" players is amplified on this team because we have so few.  If we had like 8 good players, no one would bat an eye at losing one.

One last piece.  It also seems like we lose more good players who may not have played well for us but have gone on to other teams an did good.  Leo and Sam come to mind.  This is all on the coaching staffs we have had.  They do not seem able to coach up players or put them in positions to succeed.  I expect Mims will be the next one.  I have hope for Ulbrich and his D position coaches, but I have little faith right now on O.

I mean he has a point though. I mean we trade these players and get a fraction of what we invested in them back in return. We trade Maye for a 3rd at best and what? We draft a guy like Davis or Zuniga? How does that make us any better?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree with you 100%, but the problem is that if we don't sign him before the trade deadline, there is a good chance he walks for free. I say trade him for a pick, then use some of the picks for a trade or two. Overall, I hate creating new holes on the roster and tanking, so I understand. I'm only giving this a pass because I don't want someone like Maye to walk for free if we can't resign him. 

We cant sign him long term now. There's a deadline for that and we didn't reach an agreement. So it's either we trade him for barely anything. He walks for free. We tag him again making him paid WAY MORE than what he's worth. Or we sign him long term (which I doubt at this point).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean he has a point though. I mean we trade these players and get a fraction of what we invested in them back in return. We trade Maye for a 3rd at best and what? We draft a guy like Davis or Zuniga? How does that make us any better?

The point is that if JD is absolutely not going to pay top $ and Maye won't budge from top $, then trading them is the best solution.  What we do with the pick is irrelevant to the point at hand. 

I like Maye and would like to keep him.  But is keeping a soon to be 29 y.o. S who has a history of missing games worth $15M / yr?  If this team was a bit closer to being even a credible team, then sure.  By the time we become good (if we become good), Maye will be on the downside and we will all be complaining about the ridiculous contract JD signed him to.

I hate creating holes and then have to fill them when we had a decent player in the spot in the first place.  Seems counterintuitive.  It is one of the reasons I'd like to see Moses back next year (assuming he plays well for the rest of the season).  Then maybe RT is less of a need.  Since we have so many needs, why create another.  It almost seems like I am arguing against myself here.  But if a Moses contract is reasonable, then resign him.  Maye is just looking for too much ATM.  Therein lies the difference.