2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

I'm just SOOOOO tired of "Oh we can have more cap space." "We can grab a 5th or 4th round pick for them to trade the now." "Lets collect draft picks." 

This is all loser team talks. If you are fighting for cap space that means you are usually a playoff team. Having a bunch of draft picks means you are a losing team. I want nothing to do with cap space and draft picks. We have been doing this for 5 years now and NOTHING in return. I mean how many times do we go into the season with 80-110 mill in cap space. We could have signed some great players if we over pay and be in a better spot. Then these players would be off the books by now. So tired of "Kick the can down the road to win and build it up." I would trade all the draft picks and cap space for a team that gets a deep run in the playoffs. 

This team is DOOMED for another 5 years guys. Zach should have NEVER been a starter. We had a QB that had plenty of games under his belt and is still very young and gave him away. The Jets should have paid Darnold. I can see this with Q. They will be cheap again and let him walk. He should be signed to a long term deal. The coaches are the ones that should be moved and fired along with the GM more than the players. These coaches SUCK! We HAVE to do something different than the same old BS!

26 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

OK Rick it was you who wrote the original post. there has to be something to all these pulled & strain muscles, never seen so many players go down with those muscles injuries. The problem with these injuries they can linger for months.

This has been like this for several seasons if you look back. I think it is more the players not getting in game shape on THEIR own. These guys should be in training all year but they take months off to enjoy their money and they pay for it now. When you take 4 months off ya you are going to pay for it. 

16 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm just SOOOOO tired of "Oh we can have more cap space." "We can grab a 5th or 4th round pick for them to trade the now." "Lets collect draft picks." 

This is all loser team talks. If you are fighting for cap space that means you are usually a playoff team. Having a bunch of draft picks means you are a losing team. I want nothing to do with cap space and draft picks. We have been doing this for 5 years now and NOTHING in return. I mean how many times do we go into the season with 80-110 mill in cap space. We could have signed some great players if we over pay and be in a better spot. Then these players would be off the books by now. So tired of "Kick the can down the road to win and build it up." I would trade all the draft picks and cap space for a team that gets a deep run in the playoffs. 

This team is DOOMED for another 5 years guys. Zach should have NEVER been a starter. We had a QB that had plenty of games under his belt and is still very young and gave him away. The Jets should have paid Darnold. I can see this with Q. They will be cheap again and let him walk. He should be signed to a long term deal. The coaches are the ones that should be moved and fired along with the GM more than the players. These coaches SUCK! We HAVE to do something different than the same old BS!

We did that with Jamal and it worked out well.  And the above was my argument.

Maye is not a game changer and who knows if he actually wants to be here.  I'm all for getting an extra pick and trying to find guys in the draft.  It's also Safety, not a huge impact on the game like everyone has been saying.  The one thing that will annoy me is when we let someone like Foley walk.  Guys like him are who we need to be keeping.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is all loser team talks. If you are fighting for cap space that means you are usually a playoff team. Having a bunch of draft picks means you are a losing team. I want nothing to do with cap space and draft picks.

Not necessarily. The best teams don’t have to sign high priced FA’s because they draft well. Does Pitt dive deep into FA? No, in fact they don’t even resign their own FA because they have in-house replacements ready to go. NE is another team like that although they have been having to dip into FA more frequently over the last couple of seasons which also coincides with their slight drop off. Brady notwithstanding. KC same although they did go after top OL this offseason because of their SB defeat.

Good teams do not need to hit FA hard. We are trying to emulate that. The problem is drafting well. We shall see what these last two draft classes can do for us. 

Wow did you see the list of Titans, players who will not play Sunday, it is all their best defensive & Offensive players. Both Jones & Maritn, their best receivers are out. They will be using practice squad players. Henry will probably run over 40 times Sunday.

Jets 23 Titans 17 this is my first prediction since Super Bowl three. I was talking to Rick today about all the crazy injuries in the NFL this year. I am starting to believe it was this cup cake training camp. Most starters for all teams had very little playing time in the preseason games.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I hope Woody Johnson grows a set and fires Saleh after he wins 1 game along with JD at the end of this year. I would then go after Kellen Moore or Joe Brady for HC job. STOP THE MADNESS WITH DC GUYS AS HC!!!!!!

We’re not firing anyone.

But I do want to stop hearing the lying. Like there’s a culture change. All gas no brake and such.

Culture is still bad. And we’re all brake no gas.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We’re not firing anyone.

But I do want to stop hearing the lying. Like there’s a culture change. All gas no brake and such.

Culture is still bad. And we’re all brake no gas.

We won’t fire anyone but surely the heat should be on. Like you said all this BS from Saleh about all gas mo brake and instead we look clueless out there. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I hope Woody Johnson grows a set and fires Saleh after he wins 1 game along with JD at the end of this year. I would then go after Kellen Moore or Joe Brady for HC job. STOP THE MADNESS WITH DC GUYS AS HC!!!!!!

I was against drafting Wilson, but firing Saleh, LaFleur and Douglas now will only compound the issue. The next gm/HC would have no ties to any of the players we do have and will want to do a complete reset again. At some point we need to stop doing these dumb resets were we hope to find lightening in a bottle. 

The Jets don't look good right now but we have invested in Wilson and Saleh. Throwing them out is a massive waste of resources. Just keep building the rest of the team. If Wilson busts in three years we will be in position to draft another young w , only that QB will be able to get put into a team that can help the QB grow.

Culture follows winning and identity

All the coaches/teams we like have a clear identity. Out of the last 20 years, you know exactly how the Ravens, Steelers, Packers, and others were going to build their teams and how they were going to beat you. 

Coaches like Harbaugh & Tomlin came to organizations that knew what they wanted to do. So they hired coaches that fit the best. Coaches like Vrabel, Carrol, McVay, Payton, and others made their identity clear in year 1. Then it's just adding players that fit it. 

When we hired this staff, one of the biggest perks that we thought we were getting was the 49ers style offense. That doesn't seem to be the case which isn't the biggest problem, it's that the whole offense looks lost and doesn't know what it want to do going to each game. 

Some of this is expected when you have a rookie staff, rookie QB like Wilson, and injuries. The #1 thing I'm rooting for is clear identity and winning 3-4 games. Guys like Moore went from being compared to Antonio Brown to looking like Reggie Brown pretty quick. Mims is sitting on the bench for a stupid reason and Crowder has been hurt. On top of that, the ground game isn't a threat at all right now. One of these things have to get rolling this season.

With the size of the OT's we have and the solid play from the defense so far. I see the fastest way to success is building a physical offense and great defense. I don't think following the Bills or Chiefs foot steps will help us become better than them. Building a team to our strengths and developing into a team they're not used to seeing is probably the best route. 

Edited by rickyt31

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

When we hired this staff, one of the biggest perks that we thought we were getting was the 49ers style offense. That doesn't seem to be the case which isn't the biggest problem, it's that the whole offense looks lost and doesn't know what it want to do going to each game. 

Which is why I place more blame on LaFleur than the players ATM. He whines about execution thus blaming the players. People like to fault JD for the roster and he deserves some but don’t tell me Saleh and Co. did not have a hand in directing JD to the players they wanted.  And this is why I don’t get the drafting of Wilson when they really should have gone after Mac. If they want to run a horizontal passing game, Wilson ain’t it. Jones is.

What this boils down to is LaFleur not knowing what the **** he is doing. Fit the system to the players and slowly morph into the O you envision. Isn’t that what Saleh said?  So far we are getting nothing but bull**** from Saleh and crap on O.