Official 2022 QB Thread

NYRaider

14 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

He’s a RS Soph so he’s technically eligible (doubt he enters) but I would take him first in this class... Devin Leary

😬 First? ...really

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Ridder is a 1st round QB at this point, especially in this class. Think he, Corral and Willis end up going day 1. Corral probably comes off the board first but I like Ridder more.

Ridder is a prettier Josh Dobbs. He's definitely looked more confident in the pocket this season but he still looks like a major project. More likely a long term back up than starter imo.

On 11/16/2021 at 7:29 PM, Ragnarok said:

Howell in early 2.

Howell is a hard evaluation imo. Doesn't progression read or really read a defense and thus glitches in the pocket under pressure at times. But he's got a cannon with great arm talent, is a good, tough asf runner in the open with some wiggle and has a clutch gene. If a coach can get him to process he'd be a good starter.

Willis is the complete pet project guy. Elite tools but that's it. He's the Trey Lance of this group.

20 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Not many thought that the draft with Mahomes was that good. It can happen. 

Yes for sure. Ridder is going to shock people. He's played behind a trash OL all year and stood back there and made proper reads. He's a sure fire pro.

I've said that I think Corral goes before him, along with Willis, but, if I'm the GM, I'm taking Ridder before all of them.

Carson Strong is still my guy but his knee is going to have brutal medicals so there's no chance he goes early. 

Edited by beekay414

On 11/27/2021 at 3:52 PM, sammymvpknight said:

Not many thought that the draft with Mahomes was that good. It can happen. 

That's more because people looked at Mahomes coming from the air raid and just assumed he'd bust because no air raid QB had really hit before him. I thought Watson easily deserved to go #1 after he looked great in his bowl games, and Mahomes should have gone 2nd just based on his arm, athleticism, and college highlights mixed with his passing stats. I don't remember why Watson didn't have more hype, but I never understood it. 

41 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That's more because people looked at Mahomes coming from the air raid and just assumed he'd bust because no air raid QB had really hit before him. I thought Watson easily deserved to go #1 after he looked great in his bowl games, and Mahomes should have gone 2nd just based on his arm, athleticism, and college highlights mixed with his passing stats. I don't remember why Watson didn't have more hype, but I never understood it. 

But it does reinforce that we'd know as much as we like to think that we know. People that the Darnold draft was a strong draft...but here we are with Josh Allen, a bunch of busts, and a few ok guys.

The Jets are a train wreck that eats QBs like the Browns were in the 2000s.  Teams are risking a lot on Qbs that need a lot of work.  That paid off with Josh Allen but that is the minority.  It would feel better if Wilson and Lance were taken in the 2nd round.

This is the year to let the Qbs fall into the 2nd to mitigate the risk.  Won't happen but...

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 1:51 AM, beekay414 said:

Yes for sure. Ridder is going to shock people. He's played behind a trash OL all year and stood back there and made proper reads. He's a sure fire pro.

Not going to lie, when I heard that he actually sits in the coaches gameplan meeting and film sessions outside of the team setting, this shows he is really invested on the mental approach to the game which is very impressive. Little things like that shows me he wants to take the next step in his progression as a QB and his play kinda suggests that, look at his footwork in the pocket, its actually pretty good and his accuracy suggests that when his feet are right.

With his ability to gash you with his legs, he is becoming quite the threat as a passer, this puts tremendous stress on a defense. If he shows well in the playoffs (if they get in) he will force his name near the top of this group. 

On 11/28/2021 at 7:56 PM, Jeezla said:

I remember reading comparisons between Watson and Alex Smith. That said, Smith went number 1 overall and then later went off the season that Watson was drafted lol. Plus Watson had that extreme clutch gene over Smith.