2021 Green Bay Offensive Line

Refugee

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I don't see how they don't at least franchise tag Davante Adams.  They'd be doing a disservice to themselves by not at least franchise tagging him, and if Adams still doesn't want to be here then discuss a tag 'n trade with another team.

That does seem a solid possibility. the 2022 franchise tag for WRs is about $19.1m (according to overthecap). If the Packers can tag and then swing a trade for Adams, they should. They (the Packers) could have an absolute bucketfull of picks in the next few years. This is going to be such an edge-of-the-seat offseason with the good leavened with a chunky helping of sad and bad.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

In all of the discussion about keeping Rodgers and/or Adams, can someone lay out a contract proposal(s) that keeps him/them here and creates the type of cap room to keep Rodgers/Adams and still get us under the cap.  In my mind this only happens if Rodgers/Adams take a lot less money in 2022 and 2023 then they normally would be scheduled to make.  Will they give that up to remain on the team?  To also make this thing work, there will need to be some serious contract restructures and or cuts of existing players to make this happen.  In addition, I don't think the cap is really going to go up until 2024 when the new TV contracts kick in and the salary cap modification negotiated for 2020, 2021, and 2022 is completed due to the reduction in revenues caused by COVID-19 which resulted in largely empty stadiums.  From the Packers standpoint, getting the TV contracts done is going to help them gauge where the cap is actually going to be in 2023 and beyond and structure contracts accordingly.

Would love to hear/see some proposals on how this is possible.  From my largely biased viewpoint, someone is going to give us 2-3 first round picks to get Rodgers and if we're lucky enough to franchise Adams a 1st or 2nd for him.  If they got traded together to one team, the draft haul would be incredible.  The trade market is almost better with both of them in my mind going to the same team.  Plus that might reduce Rodgers objections to where he is getting traded too.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

He very well might be, but you were also convinced that Matt Campbell was going to be our HC and I don't remember if he even got an interview?

Ah see but you're a bit off on a few key details...

1) My post listed who they had interest in with Matt Campbell preliminarily at the top of the list based on outside exploratory observation and BEFORE interviews. At that stage in time I predicted he would be the Packers next head coach.

2) Matt Campbell took himself out of the running by inking a new deal with a big raise at Iowa State before the Packers could interview him

- AND perhaps more importantly....

3) I listed 3 names highest on their list of interest including one that NO ONE was mentioning...

• Matt Campbell
  • Dan Campbell
  • MATT LAFLEUR

LaFleur knocked it out of the park on the first round of interviews prompting a cancelation of a second round. Who knows what happens if Matt Campbell sits down with the Packers. Needless to say there are no regrets. My info was spot on. Quite a bit different from your Rodgers takes and speculation which is on track to be wrong in just about every possible way.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

Since we're trying to rewrite history I'll take this an opportunity to get it on the record again and repeat what I said back in summer. Rodgers is going to sign an extension after the season and Jordan Love is going to be traded. I bet there are more than zero people who can see this happening this time around.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Ah see but you're a bit off on a few key details...

1) My post listed who they had interest in with Matt Campbell preliminarily at the top of the list based on outside exploratory observation and BEFORE interviews. At that stage in time I predicted he would be the Packers next head coach.

2) Matt Campbell took himself out of the running by inking a new deal with a big raise at Iowa State before the Packers could interview him

- AND perhaps more importantly....

3) I listed 3 names highest on their list of interest including one that NO ONE was mentioning...

• Matt Campbell
  • Dan Campbell
  • MATT LAFLEUR

LaFleur knocked it out of the park on the first round of interviews prompting a cancelation of a second round. Who knows what happens if Matt Campbell sits down with the Packers. Needless to say there are no regrets. My info was spot on. Quite a bit different from your Rodgers takes and speculation which is on track to be wrong in just about every possible way.

mentalgymnastics.gif

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Since we're trying to rewrite history I'll take this an opportunity to get it on the record again and repeat what I said back in summer. Rodgers is going to sign an extension after the season and Jordan Love is going to be traded. I bet there are more than zero people who can see this happening this time around.

Well that should seal it .. Love is the starter in 2022 .. Rodgers is shipped out for a bunch of picks/players.