2021 Green Bay Offensive Line

Refugee

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You got to let the Royce Newman thing go man. Rookies on the interior are going to make mistakes, especially if you're rotating in Centers next to them, one of whom is another rookie.

He's allowed 4 sacks this year. All on 3rd and long against pressure packages, 3 of them against exotic blitzes that were communication errors. He's allowed his sacks to Cameron Jordan, Arik Armstead, Kahlil Mack, and Akiem Hicks. 

He's not getting beat physically, and his pressure numbers are just fine. We've just had the misreads and communication breakdowns. 

That will get better with reps and time. He's going to be a good player. We just need to be patient. 

Not interested in Newman's development right now. Concerned about having the top 5 OL on the field to protect 12 in an "all in" season. If you think he's better than Runyan at RG once Bakh comes back, fine, but Newman will have plenty of time to make mistakes and develop when Love is under center next year during our rebuild season.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not interested in Newman's development right now. Concerned about having the top 5 OL on the field to protect 12 in an "all in" season. If you think he's better than Runyan at RG once Bakh comes back, fine, but Newman will have plenty of time to make mistakes and develop when Love is under center next year during our rebuild season.

Try this a different way. In your 'all in' season Newman gives them a better chance to win come playoff time with his development going on now and isn't that what 'all in' is all about. Can't win the SB in October. 

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

My guess would be...and this is just a guess mind you....that the coaching staff is making the Newman vs Runyan comparisons already....and seem to be selecting Newman for some reason. Trust in them a bit.

Edited by Leader

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

My guess would be...and this is just a guess mind you....that the coaching staff is making the Newman vs Runyan comparisons already....and seem to be selecting Newman for some reason. Trust is them a bit.

They haven't been forced to make the choice yet. They've chosen Newman over Patrick early, but they haven't had to choose between the young ones yet. 

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

They haven't been forced to make the choice yet. They've chosen Newman over Patrick early, but they haven't had to choose between the young ones yet. 

They choose week one, Patrick and Newman were the the starting OGs and week 2 as well... of course the Runyan in preseason, and the Runyan in season have been two different Runyans in my opinion... surprisingly the in season Runyan has been better.

But anyways, just came here to say, it certainly hasn't always been pretty, but they're doing a good enough job to get the job done despite injuries. Good for them.

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Personally think itd be good for Newman to take the bench and reflect on how things have been going. Really process what hes been seeing. Long season, he'd probably get another shot anyways.

Also understand the dont look back just keep repping approach.

I agree the benching helped Runyan when he got another chance. And I feel like Newman is making the most mental errors, and it seems like rookies, especially rookie lineman hit a wall at some point, giving him some more rest might help that.

Benching could make Newman hunger in the gut and not think he's automatically going to start all games.

30 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The Newman dog-piling is getting a little out of hand. Wouldn't be surprised to see he was highest graded IOL this week TBH. Saw more mental and physical mistakes live from Runyan and Patrick.

Seems that some are looking at moving Runyan over doesn't seem like a dogpile on Newman. If Runyan is grading out higher I think they make the move. If Newman is higher graded grate. At the end of the day putting the best 5 out on game is our hope. Newman has been the weakest link so far they have all had glimmers. I like Runyan over him with those bloodlines and having his old mans experience to lean on. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

The Newman dog-piling is getting a little out of hand. Wouldn't be surprised to see he was highest graded IOL this week TBH. Saw more mental and physical mistakes live from Runyan and Patrick.

Hmm 🤔, would you be surprised if he had the 3rd lowest grade of all Packers players this week?

That's what this article suggests... though Patrick was in the bottom 5 of offensive players. But here is the bottom 3 of the team against WFT.

RG Royce Newman, 35.1

Henry Black, 25.2

RB A.J. Dillon, 26.9

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/packers-pff-grades-best-worst-players-from-week-7-vs-washington/

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Hmm 🤔, would you be surprised if he had the 3rd lowest grade of all Packers players this week?

That's what this article suggests... though Patrick was in the bottom 5 of offensive players. But here is the bottom 3 of the team against WFT.

RG Royce Newman, 35.1

Henry Black, 25.2

RB A.J. Dillon, 26.9

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/packers-pff-grades-best-worst-players-from-week-7-vs-washington/

Henry Black at 25 actually seems high. Not to rag on @ThatJerkDave's guy, but he had a bad game at safety. Makes me wonder whether we should be looking to add a third safety given how much we play that 3S look. Team seems to have soured on Vernon Scott who I thought was going to be that guy. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Henry Black at 25 actually seems high. Not to rag on @ThatJerkDave's guy, but he had a bad game at safety. Makes me wonder whether we should be looking to add a third safety given how much we play that 3S look. Team seems to have soured on Vernon Scott who I thought was going to be that guy. 

Vernons been hurt hasnt he?

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I was thinking we've been playing 3 S because we didn't have the ILB talent... I thought signing Jaylon Smith might change that, but so far he's been disappointing based on hype... still a cheap low risk move.