2021 Green Bay Offensive Line

Refugee

22 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

We legit have 7/8 starting Caliber Linemen based off last night. 

Nijman, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Turner

Patrick(Debatebily), Jenkins and Bahk.

They may not be so lucky when selecting DLineman....but they sure do seem to have a knack for the OL side of things.
The fact they brought Yosh along...pretty much in the background the entire time....then throw him in there this year....and he doesnt drown and sink.
Thats a good thing IMO. Speaks well of the procurement and coaching system. 

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

void years now hurts the team in the future.  I still think the 2023-24 packers can be good!  2022, maybe not.

Yep they need to make a decision on what they want the 2022 to be.

It looks likely that Rodgers and Adams are gone in which case we probably aren't contending. Not saying we are a 0-17 team but the window is probably shut. It doesn't make sense to keep doing the void years thing if that's the case. There's no point hurting the 2023 and 2024 teams to try and turn a 6-11 team in 2021 to a 8-9 team. It makes perfect sense to have a slight down year. We have done great bringing young OL through so you keep on track.

If you somehow manage to get Rodgers and Adams back next year then its another matter entirely. Screw 2023, chuck as many void years and whatever into all the contracts to have another run at it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Yosh definitely is built like few humans, even in the NFL he stands out. At his size, he’s shown some real athleticism coming into the league. The real question was could he develop the mental side understanding the game and also bringing the toughness needed to battle in the trenches against some of the most fearsome players on the field. 

I’d say he passed his first test and deserves more opportunities. I love the quote about him having great feet.  So much goes into playing tackle but at the end of the day, if you don’t have that natural ability, there are some rushers that will expose you with speed, power or both. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Refugee said:

Yosh definitely is built like few humans, even in the NFL he stands out. At his size, he’s shown some real athleticism coming into the league. The real question was could he develop the mental side understanding the game and also bringing the toughness needed to battle in the trenches against some of the most fearsome players on the field. 

I’d say he passed his first test and deserves more opportunities. I love the quote about him having great feet.  So much goes into playing tackle but at the end of the day, if you don’t have that natural ability, there are some rushers that will expose you with speed, power or both. 

Does this give MLF comfort enough to perhaps give Jenkins an extra week if the ankle is close but not quite healed? If that happens does he go back to his plan on the first drive and put Nijman on an island? I sure hope not. 

The kid held up, great job, but he's far from a finished product for sure. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, Leader said:

They may not be so lucky when selecting DLineman....but they sure do seem to have a knack for the OL side of things.
The fact they brought Yosh along...pretty much in the background the entire time....then throw him in there this year....and he doesnt drown and sink.
Thats a good thing IMO. Speaks well of the procurement and coaching system. 

Maybe we just give up drafting d-lineman, use FA and trades to make those.

I’m half kidding. 

9 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Does this give MLF comfort enough to perhaps give Jenkins an extra week if the ankle is close but not quite healed? If that happens does he go back to his plan on the first drive and put Nijman on an island? I sure hope not. 

I think we gotta pump the brakes on the Nijman hype.  He held up against San Fran and Bosa.  He also got a lot of help from others chipping on Bosa and from Rodgers in getting the ball out fast.  If Jenkins can play, he's gotta play.  

27 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think we gotta pump the brakes on the Nijman hype.  He held up against San Fran and Bosa.  He also got a lot of help from others chipping on Bosa and from Rodgers in getting the ball out fast.  If Jenkins can play, he's gotta play.  

I actually wasn't hyping Nijman at all. In my post the first two sentences were questions, which were in response to a couple of posts which were clearly hyping Nijman. My statement to both of my questions actually was, "I sure hope not!"

Nijman held up better than we all thought he would against Bosa. Part of that success has to go to MLF, who after the first drive adjusted and started having people drill him coming off the line. McCarthy would have left Nijman out there to die. 

Finally, I do not want to rush Jenkins back too soon and turn this into a year long thing either. 

38 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I dont think he's getting over hyped. Personally, I consider it a good thing - a positive thing moving forward - that he didnt fall flat on his ***
Doesnt mean that he might not have already reached his ceiling - just that (as far as we know.....) the potential's there for growth - which at that position is a good thing.

Love the Nijman trian rolling down the tracks. Had some good had some bad. Definitely not the elite pass protector guy yet. His doubles with Runyan got some major movement.  Bosa's lateral movement combined with his strength was obviously too much for him on more than one occasion. But he's not the first guy to struggle there and he was fighting. So thats nice. Everyone else that lined up over him was erased. But I dont really think theres any names there. I enjoyed his stuff, room to grow. Valuable PT.

Can see the vet vs noob competion. Nijman V Norman and Williams V Stokes. The vets won both engagements on near identical plays. Norman was able to survive and string it out while Trent just demolishes Stokes lol.